Private tour with Jorge at Port Limon Tours

MusicalBear

We recently had a private tour with Jorge of Port Limon tours (portlimon.com).  We had emailed Jorge about some things we wanted to see (sloths) and do while on our cruise stop in Limon.  Jorge always immediately responded to my emails and was very helpful on what we could do on our port stop.  We ended up visiting the Jaguar Rescue Center, hiking in Cahuita National Park, visiting a fruit stand for sampling fruits and coffee and a souvenir shop next to the fruit stand.  He also made a stop in Limon at the local super market for us so we could purchase some Costa Rican coffee at a great price to take home.  He had a sign with my name on it just outside the cruise port so it was easy to find him.  We then started the 1 hour and 20 minute drive to the Jaguar Rescue Center.  The ride went quickly because of the beautiful scenery and getting to know our new Costa Rican friend Jorge.  We arrived in plenty of time for the 9:30 am tour at the center and had a wonderful tour seeing a lot of sloths of all ages, playful monkeys and other animals.  I highly recommend a visit to this rescue center.  I knew I wanted to see sloths and didn't want to take any chances of not seeing them in the wild so I knew this was a good place to see them for sure.  Next we went to Cahuita National Park which is a beautiful location along the sea. Now was the time to look for animals in the wild. We saw a sloth in a tree that Jorge spotted along with a bat under a large leaf.  Also lots of monkeys playing in the trees.  Jorge knew the plants and was great at spotting wildlife.  I like fruit and even though I know I am unable to bring it home I like to sample it while in port.  Great fruit and coffee samples were found at the stop on the way back to Limon.  There was also a nice souvenir stand next to the fruit sampling where Jorge knew the owners.  We found some nice sloth merchandise to bring home to remind us of our stop in Costa Rica.  The last stop was at the super market for our coffee purchases and were back to the port with some time to look at the souvenir stands at the port.  Jorge can arrange any type of tour for you visiting any sights that you want to see.  I know there are plenty of other things I would like to do on my next visit to Limon, Costa Rica and will definitely have Port Limon Tours take us.  Jorge is a very personable guide and I highly recommend a tour from Limon, Costa Rica with him.