The Key lunch menus

On 4/7/2019 at 8:31 PM, cruceriantes said:

We were on the Symphony late February and had paid for embarkation day lunch in Chops, we were told that the only menu they have on embarkation day is the limited version, not the regular lunch version.   Our only choice, if we wanted items that were not on the limited version, was to reschedule our lunch for another day.

We were on the Symphony and paid for lunch on March 9.  We also had the limited menu.  Since it was important to us to relax in Chops and avoid embarkation day madness elsewhere, we just accepted it.  It was disappointing, though, to pay for one thing and receive less due to implementation of a new program that we chose not to participate in.

Just a side note, the Key Lunch burger from Chops is not that great, the steak is better. My husband ordered it last month when we had the Key on Symphony, and was not impressed. Two weeks ago we had the Key on Independence, and the people next to us ordered the burger at Chops for the Key lunch. They told me that they were not at all impressed with the burger.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We were on the Symphony and paid for lunch on March 9.  We also had the limited menu.  Since it was important to us to relax in Chops and avoid embarkation day madness elsewhere, we just accepted it.  It was disappointing, though, to pay for one thing and receive less due to implementation of a new program that we chose not to participate in.

That is a change from when this program was first implemented and I don't like it at all.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, quiltymama said:

Does anyone know if there is a kids Menu for Chops that can be ordered from for picky kids that have the key lunch?

Chops does have a kids menu, but I've not seen any reports as to whether Key kids can order off that.

5 minutes ago, quiltymama said:

Does anyone know if there is a kids Menu for Chops that can be ordered from for picky kids that have the key lunch?

I think someone recently reported in that big 'The Key' thread that they were unable to order from the kids menu and kids had to choose from the 3 entree items shown. I think that person said their child ended up with the mac and cheese side dish.  That surprised me, but I'm guessing that like all the other benefits where people have had widely varying experiences with The Key, that it could be ship by ship or even sailing by sailing.  

• 9 months later...
4 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

Does anyone know if you can order more than one appetizer?  I would love a salad and the beef appetizer.  I know this sounds gluttonous....but I love to start off my cruise with a yummy lunch....

yes order as many as you like

2 hours ago, jaredhamburg said:

Good!  I saw the select one listed under each area, and it was concerning as I usually like the appetizers more than the mains.....Thanks!

Were you looking at the regular Chops lunch menu or the one for those who bought 'The Key' and get lunch on boarding day?  The Key menu was much more limited when we had it last summer.  Still good, just a lot less choices than if you booked/paid for Chops and not got it as a perk for buying the Key.  If you scroll up a few posts, you'll see a sample menu of a Key menu for Chops on boarding day.  

Edited by rockmom

3 hours ago, jaredhamburg said:

Does anyone know if you can order more than one appetizer?  I would love a salad and the beef appetizer.  I know this sounds gluttonous....but I love to start off my cruise with a yummy lunch....

This is the menu from which you will order:

B7B9DBB7-DC27-4424-85FE-F3A9B495583B.jpeg.c74c2e8fd11a96384aecb58f77a0ecc6.jpeg

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

This is the menu from which you will order:

B7B9DBB7-DC27-4424-85FE-F3A9B495583B.jpeg.c74c2e8fd11a96384aecb58f77a0ecc6.jpeg

Thank you for the menu image.  what concerned me was the "Please Select One" under each menu item type.  Has anyone who has done this meal been able to order more than one of the non-entrees (I understand Chops usually only lets you have one of this).  Thanks!

3 hours ago, jaredhamburg said:

Thank you for the menu image.  what concerned me was the "Please Select One" under each menu item type.  Has anyone who has done this meal been able to order more than one of the non-entrees (I understand Chops usually only lets you have one of this).  Thanks!

On the Allure two weeks ago, this was the The Key menu in the MDR.  Our server brought us sharable portions on the sides, all of which were really good.  Among the four of us, two had perfectly-grilled filets, one the burger and one the Branzino. We all LOVED our meals!  

On Disembarkation Day, my bff and I both ordered the Petit Filet and Eggs.  Our filets were  perfect, but the eggs were runny.  Still, having The Key was fabulous!