On Board Caribbean Princess Now 16 Feb

AF-1

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Why?

Mainly cooked to order eggs. Any way you like. They have omelet fixings that you assemble in a cup, they make the egg dish from your fixings, give you a pager, when it goes off, go get your egg dish or hand it to a server/runner, they will get it for you. Other premade egg dishes avail, like quiches. There is a pastry bar, bread bar, many other breakfast items, waffles, pancakes. Meat station with crisp bacon (usually crisp), sausages. Potato choices. Some days biscuits and gravy, always salsa and peppers to spice things up. Great service for coffee, juice, etc. 

Make sure you come back for lunch..... one day will be a Noodle station, next day will be a stir fry station. These two rotate throughout the week. Many other choices, like tacos, hot sandwiches, The pastrami was excellent. I could go on, but then I'd have to book another cruise. As of now we wont be on her til Fall of 2020.

Jim

32 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

LOL- I can assure you that none of these hardworking people are offended if you don't give them something to do.  They have plenty to do.  There's no need to try top come up with other things.

I think it was early and not many passengers had arrived yet for breakfast. So the waitstaff was not busy at all

When you arrive at port you will go through security and show your passport.  Security will ask to see your boarding pass with the barcode.  Even if you don’t have the medallion info filled out you will still need your boarding pass which you can print out from your cruise personalizer.  When you show security your documents they will let you go forward to check in.  There are medallion staff all over the terminal. Someone will direct you to a kiosk and help you with your medallion stuff

Edited by AF-1

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Here is how ocean medallion embarkation went yesterday.  If you have completed the ocean ready app to include your pictures then when you actually board the ship they have four security officers at boarding area with their iPads.  You place your medallion on a electronic device. The device turns from blue to green. Green means you are good to go and you are On The ship. I saw a few people who placed their medallion on the scanner and it turned red which meant they did not have a security photo.  When you scan your medallion your picture pops up on the iPad. 

Is this security photo the same photo that shows up on the screen outside your cabin?  I also heard that your picture pops up on screens when you walk by kiosks.  Is this the same picture?  

I saw other posts where people were able to use pet pictures for their cabin photo and at public kiosks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Is this security photo the same photo that shows up on the screen outside your cabin?  I also heard that your picture pops up on screens when you walk by kiosks.  Is this the same picture?  

I saw other posts where people were able to use pet pictures for their cabin photo and at public kiosks. 

16083387-4F43-41E3-B776-D9EE328719CA.jpeg

ED279667-B2CF-4F74-9BA7-8CD0AD9E66BD.jpegNo pet picture for security photo. Your cabin photo can be an avatar if you want. 

Edited by AF-1
Added txt

7 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

16083387-4F43-41E3-B776-D9EE328719CA.jpeg

ED279667-B2CF-4F74-9BA7-8CD0AD9E66BD.jpegNo pet picture for security photo. Your cabin photo can be an avatar if you want. 

Ahhh...thank you for the clarification!  There are two separate things...security photo and then an avatar you can use for cabin photo!  This is great!  Thank you!  

Last night they showed  Bohemian Rhapsody on big screen. Club class dining was excellent. Fettuccine Alfredo with flgrilled chicken on top.  Baked potato soup. Both were excellent. Norman love chocolate dessert.  The sugar free desserts in both workplace market and int’l cafe are great.  Today is our first stop. Cayman Islands.  We ha e. On shore excursion planned so will take tender to town.  Magician steve performed last night he was excellent 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, voljeep said:

wait ... so you still have to have a somewhat free hand to open the door ... hmmm

Yes you actually have to turn the handle to get in. It is not hands free. So if you have a coffe cup in your left hand as you approach your door the medallion will activate and the sign on your door will unlock it.  With your free right hand you would turn the handle and walk in. Please do not put too much into the medallion program. You are getting worried over nothing. It is a great system and easy to use. There are medallion techs on deck 6 who are there everyday to walk you through it and help you. They have the tech guru in wheelhouse bar who gives a class on it. If you do not know a lot about tech it will be fun to learn. Like I mentioned. I am a tech geek, I am having so much fun with it.  

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from Grand Cayman.   Just a couple things to mention.  Some people have complained about air conditioning on Caribbean Princess. I have been on three days now.  Air conditioner works great all over the ship. I wear socks to bed becasue it is that cold in my room.  Tonight is the Magic show in Princess Theater

5 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Good Morning from Grand Cayman.   Just a couple things to mention.  Some people have complained about air conditioning on Caribbean Princess. I have been on three days now.  Air conditioner works great all over the ship. I wear socks to bed becasue it is that cold in my room.  Tonight is the Magic show in Princess Theater

We were on the Caribbean Princess for 2 weeks over Christmas and our cabin was very warm and the air conditioning did not work properly. Were told there was nothing they could do about it!

On 2/17/2019 at 10:18 AM, AF-1 said:

8591B362-F08A-435E-85B5-09E08105481F.jpeg

Thanks for allowing us to sail along with you. I really appreciate your feedback as we will be on this ship Feb 23 for a B2B.

The traditional dining times really frustrate me. When we initially booked the early was 6pm and the late 8:15pm. We chose the 6pm time.Then in Oct/18 they were changed to 5pm and 7:15 pm. We changed to the late time of 7:15pm since 5pm was just too early. Now 7:45pm is getting a little late and it looks like they are forcing us to do Anytime.

Can you ask your waiter if the traditional times change from sailing to sailing or are we stuck with the late traditional now at 7:45 pm instead of 7:15 pm ?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise... Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, famski740 said:

With the medallion, I believe your door will be unlocked but not opened.  If your hands are both full, you can use your elbow to push the handle down and push the door open.  This is what they call hands free opening.

You are correct. You still have to push  handle down.  But as you walk towards the door it unlocks. There is so much cool tech stuff going on the ship. 

2 minutes ago, D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL said:

Thanks for allowing us to sail along with you. I really appreciate your feedback as we will be on this ship Feb 23 for a B2B.

The traditional dining times really frustrate me. When we initially booked the early was 6pm and the late 8:15pm. We chose the 6pm time.Then in Oct/18 they were changed to 5pm and 7:15 pm. We changed to the late time of 7:15pm since 5pm was just too early. Now 7:45pm is getting a little late and it looks like they are forcing us to do Anytime.

Can you ask your waiter if the traditional times change from sailing to sailing or are we stuck with the late traditional now at 7:45 pm instead of 7:15 pm ?

Enjoy the rest of your cruise... Dave

I will ask our waitstaff tonight about the dining times and report back 

• Like 1

As far as tours go for your cruise I'd be interested to hear what you have booked if they are independent tours.

We generally avoid cruise ship tours unless we will be pressed for time.

Also, do you know if it is easy to pick up tours at the dock with reputable companies ? I have read on other threads that people pick up tours at the dock with the same company the cruise ship uses... Thanks Dave

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Consider yourself lucky. Not all areas on the Caribe deck are as cool.

3 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

We were on the Caribbean Princess for 2 weeks over Christmas and our cabin was very warm and the air conditioning did not work properly. Were told there was nothing they could do about it!

Some happened to us in cabin C602. I also heard other people in the vicinity saying the same thing. Unfortunately there's nothing they could do. 

I've had my fill of these older ships. 😑

• Like 2