On Board Caribbean Princess Now 16 Feb

AF-1

I can’t say what happened during your cruise. All I can report on is my current cruise and the air is flowing all over the ship.  So no worries from me as to being too hot on board.  Sorry you guys did not have as nice cool time on CB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL said:

As far as tours go for your cruise I'd be interested to hear what you have booked if they are independent tours.

We generally avoid cruise ship tours unless we will be pressed for time.

Also, do you know if it is easy to pick up tours at the dock with reputable companies ? I have read on other threads that people pick up tours at the dock with the same company the cruise ship uses... Thanks Dave

We only booked princess cruises. We did not book anything In caymans. Took tender into town for a few hours. We are doing beach day in Roatan. It’s actually on your own. You pay for the chair lift to the beach and a cabana shell plus two longers and snorkeling equipment. It was $59 for two people.  

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

We only booked princess cruises. We did not book anything In caymans. Took tender into town for a few hours. We are doing beach day in Roatan. It’s actually on your own. You pay for the chair lift to the beach and a cabana shell plus two longers and snorkeling equipment. It was $59 for two people.  

We were thinking of doing the same in Roatan. Is that with the ship or if not how do you get your tickets, etc. and what was the name of the beach ? Dave

Edited by D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL

15 hours ago, D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL said:

We were thinking of doing the same in Roatan. Is that with the ship or if not how do you get your tickets, etc. and what was the name of the beach ? Dave

Yes the Roatan excursion is through the ship. It is called relax on the beach package plus snorkel.  I believe the beach is called MahoganyBay. 

Edited by AF-1

You may be correct about beach being free. But I want to ride the chairs so I can take pictures from up high.  Also need to have a covered area so I don’t burn. I think the prices were pretty good for two people. I will post pics tonight. 

Edited by AF-1

Yes your name is always on display.  It’s not a big deal. When I walk down the hallway I don’t even pay attention to cabin numbers or names. I just want my door to lock when I approach. 

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Yes your name is always on display.

And, your Captain's Circle status; no big deal, as you say.  In fact, I found it to be interesting to see the "cruising experience" of those in the vicinity of my stateroom.  Meeting these folks in the hallway provided a basis for some conversation beyond "Hi. how are ya?".

50 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

And, your Captain's Circle status; no big deal, as you say.  In fact, I found it to be interesting to see the "cruising experience" of those in the vicinity of my stateroom.  Meeting these folks in the hallway provided a basis for some conversation beyond "Hi. how are ya?".

50 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Yes I think you are right. 

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Yes your name is always on display.  It’s not a big deal. When I walk down the hallway I don’t even pay attention to cabin numbers or names. I just want my door to lock when I approach. 

Guess it's something I have to get used to. I'm sure it won't hinder my enjoyment, so we'll go with an open mind.

Thanks for your input.

(BTW, good job on the thread so far. Very informative.)

Names were always on the door before as well weren’t they? Although I guess you could remove the paper if you didn’t want it on display. I always like looking at people’s status when I walk by but never Pay attention to names!

Thank you so much for your live report so far! We are going on the Regal in a few weeks and I’m super excited to try out the OM!! I’m like you, love technology! Plus, my daughter used it to her advantage and talked me into letting her check herself out of the kids club because she will be able to find me haha! 🙂 

If you have the soda package, are you able to use the app to order a soda and them Bring it to you? Wasn’t sure if it’s all linked?

Edited by Cruisecrazy25
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 10:03 AM, Happy2cruise said:

We were on the Caribbean Princess for 2 weeks over Christmas and our cabin was very warm and the air conditioning did not work properly. Were told there was nothing they could do about it!

That was our experience on our 28 day b2b in the fall of 2017.  Our cabin was on Baja in the mid 600's.

4 hours ago, Cruisecrazy25 said:

Names were always on the door before as well weren’t they? Although I guess you could remove the paper if you didn’t want it on display. I always like looking at people’s status when I walk by but never Pay attention to names!

Thank you so much for your live report so far! We are going on the Regal in a few weeks and I’m super excited to try out the OM!! I’m like you, love technology! Plus, my daughter used it to her advantage and talked me into letting her check herself out of the kids club because she will be able to find me haha! 🙂 

If you have the soda package, are you able to use the app to order a soda and them Bring it to you? Wasn’t sure if it’s all linked?

Basically if you use the ocean now app when you open the app you can see order food and drink. You click on that and order your soda. So far the only place where I have not been able to order a drink or soda has been princess theater, they still ha e waitstaff walking around, and I can see that. With 700 people in theater it would be hard.  Also club fusion does not have availability to order.  I have ordered in stateroom. And at pool 

Today is Wednesday the 20th. We are in Belize and our snorkeling was just cancelled. We were doing Great Barrier Reef tour and they told us the seas were too rough for snorkeling.   So it’s a ship day for us. The tender to town is 30 minutes one way then you have to take taxi fifteen minutes to town. Then reverse that coming back. They refunded our tour and my wife has already spent that money.  Today is formal night.  So for our cruise the formal nights were Sunday and Wednesday.  The staff on board have been excellent and our cabin steward is going over and above.  The husband and wife magic show was fair.  In my opinion it was not that good.  Last night was Born to be Wild show with the singer and dancers.  That was a good show.  For those who may buy the WiFi package here is something I learned. I had downloaded all the apps prior to sailing. Ocean Ready, Ocean Now, and Ocean compass.  Once you sign into the medallion net and log in you will have all those apps available right on the Home page. Plus one more app called ocean concierge.  Ocean concierge allows you to check you stateroom folio, it lists all your shore excursions, it has the patters listed and best of all you now can order room service from the app.  I ordered  breakfast last night at 10pm for a 6:30am delivery.  It was delivered promptly and it was hot and everything was correct in the order.  So I just dropped of my future cruise form and we will be taking a New England cruise next.  See you next from Cozumel. 

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

doing exactly what ??

He has ordered a fresh fruit basket for us twice and keeps the ice bucket filled, sometimes they forget to fill the ice bucket. As soon as we leave he is in room cleaning and refreshing. We can be gone for twenty minutes and come back to a spotless room.  He makes sure we have bottled water in frig everyday.  I have been on cruises where I had to remind steward everyday about something.  So it’s nice that Olympio  is on top of things.  He took our laundry on Saturday night and it was back Sunday afternoon.  I know you may be thinking how could we have dirty clothes.  We were in Florida on vacation prior to cruise. 

Edited by AF-1
  • Thanks 1