On Board Caribbean Princess Now 16 Feb

AF-1

Enjoying following along on your sailing; thanks for taking the time to post. We were on the last 14nighter that disembarked on the 9th& thought the crew was fantastic, with great, smiling service thoughout our cruise. Our stateroom attendant was great, &even apologized once because she was a little late in doing the room. Unfortunately, we also had temperature problems in our stateroom (A535), & could never get it below 72, which was early am. We kept the drapes closed most of the cruise to keep it cool. The checked it & said it was best they could get it. Funny, because we called Explorers the ice box because it was so cold, lol. We missed most of the theater shows because you had to arrive very early to get a seat.

Edited by richsea

Oh yes! We had Olimpio as our steward on the Caribbean P. in October!  He was hands down, the BEST cabin steward we’ve had! I don’t know where your cabin is, but we were hoping to have him again since we’re in the same cabin in a couple weeks on Baja mid-ship. 

I’m enjoying your ‘live from’ with all the updates on the Medallion. We were on the last cruise before it was going full bore (free internet!). 

Just received our new Medallions today in the mail and I’m anxious to try out the additional features besides it just opening our cabin doors. 

Safe travels!

Barb

1 hour ago, New York Nana said:

Oh yes! We had Olimpio as our steward on the Caribbean P. in October!  He was hands down, the BEST cabin steward we’ve had! I don’t know where your cabin is, but we were hoping to have him again since we’re in the same cabin in a couple weeks on Baja mid-ship. 

I’m enjoying your ‘live from’ with all the updates on the Medallion. We were on the last cruise before it was going full bore (free internet!). 

Just received our new Medallions today in the mail and I’m anxious to try out the additional features besides it just opening our cabin doors. 

Safe travels!

Barb

Barb we are on Caribe deck aft.  Olinpio has that section so don’t know if you will have him on Baja deck. 

20 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Barb we are on Caribe deck aft.  Olinpio has that section so don’t know if you will have him on Baja deck. 

Which cabin are you in and do you still have the barrel chair in your cabin? There is a thread about the Ruby (and maybe other ships) having these chairs removed. We will be in C753 next year and I hope we still have the 2nd chair. It's nice to have one chair for each of us when we are in the cabin.

Thanks

ML

40 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Which cabin are you in and do you still have the barrel chair in your cabin? There is a thread about the Ruby (and maybe other ships) having these chairs removed. We will be in C753 next year and I hope we still have the 2nd chair. It's nice to have one chair for each of us when we are in the cabin.

Thanks

ML

Hi we are in C749, there are two desk chairs and a couch and relaxing chair in cabin. We have two loungers and dining table with two chairs on the balcony

Edited by AF-1

Good morning from Cozumel.  It is a beautiful day here.  Today we are going to swim with dolphins and snorkeling.  We have 12 hrs in this port.  Tonight entertainment is some local folklore group.  The cruise director Micca is great.  He is all over the ship and he’s funny.  He has a morning wake show on the big screen. Most of the muts shows are concerts.  

Good afternoon.  My wife and I did the swim with dolphin tour.  It was excellent.  You went into the water played with the dolphin and then you actually hold on to it’s flippers and they drag you across the pond. It was so cool.  They have a buffet lunch which was also very good.  Drinks are included in excursion price.  After lunch we went snorkeling on the little reef. They also have kayaking.   You can hang at the resort as long as you want. When you want to leave you go to front desk and they call you a taxi.  Taxi drops you at cruise terminal.  All in all a great day and this excursion was worth the price. 

Edited by AF-1

Hello from Caribbean Princess.  Today is our last sea day and we arrive FLL tomorrow morning. The weather and seas have been perfect. No rain on this trip and no rocking motion on ship.  Quite smooth sailing.   Very happy with all the food and services onboard and the staff has been excellent.  Ocean medallion program and the apps work fine. The digital boards onboard work great. The find your mate works great too. I was in explorers lounge listening to a jazz band and my wife taps me on the shoulder and says “I found you”. She tracked me down using the digital screens on each floor. They are located at all the elevators.  

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, phabric said:

Are the pool towels in the cabin when you first arrived?

On our last 3 trips on CB they were not in the cabin.........

Stewart advised us they are up at the pool and you have to get them there.

This has been the way they have done it for awhile now.

Towels are provided in towel bins at every pool. They were not in stateroom. Internet team is available from noon to 4 pm when the ship leaves. Then they come back after sail away.  Trust me. There is a line at internet desk for people wanting help getting logged in or buying a package. Internet team is located on deck 5. Also the medallion team is available anytime you need them. They are on deck 7 outside club fusion. 

Edited by AF-1

There will be a towel bin at the gangway for all beach shore excursions. You can pick up towels there as you exit the ship. When you come back you drop dirty towels in a bin right after security.  Or you can grab towels at any pool and put them in your bag.  Your choice. 

1 hour ago, MaineCruiser243 said:

On our Princess Cays excursion (Caribbean P 2/10) they had run out of towels at the gangway by the time we got there. Fortunately for us we had gotten our own at the pool beforehand.

Excellent reason to plan ahead.....just like MUTS blankets which always seem to run out as many people need 3 or 4 each. 

On 2/20/2019 at 9:39 PM, AF-1 said:

Hi we are in C749, there are two desk chairs and a couch and relaxing chair in cabin. We have two loungers and dining table with two chairs on the balcony

Thanks for this. 749 is a suite, (correct?) so I am guessing they aren't messing with your chairs :classic_wink: Have you heard any chatter among your fellow cruisers about chairs being removed? I think I would be annoyed if there was only 1 chair in the cabin. Maybe DH and I will arm wrestle for it!

Enjoy your last day.

46 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Three or four blankets to watch a movie?  Is that because they are cold?

There have been comments here on CC that sometimes they are taken home for gifts for the family because they paid too much for their cruise and they have to get their monies worth. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1