Carnival Vista - LIVE-Feb 24-Mar 3 - Gal to Montego, GC, Coz - Fun Times, Menus, etc.

Saint Greg

On 2/16/2019 at 2:45 PM, Saint Greg said:

Parking

Two years ago I parked at EZ cruise parking and last year I used lighthouse. There are people who swear by both. To me both are fine. Neither blew me away so I went in this year with an open mind. I wanted to find something better without paying double the price. When I did EZ they had a park n walk option that saved like $20 I want to say. I tried the park n walk option two years ago and didn't like it. Galveston has those big curbs and the sidewalk I took wasn't good for rolling luggage. It was also the week of their Mardi Gras (it will be again this year) so they had some streets blocked off and a bunch of people in the way who weren't cruisers. On top of that I couldn't remember if I locked my car so I had to walk all the way back to check. Now I can lock my car from my phone thankfully...but at the time I couldn't. I swore I would never do that again. Now maybe their shuttle service is good. I can't really say since I didn't try it.

Last year I went with lighthouse covered parking. It was fine. You park under those metal covers. When I returned my black car was yellow from pollen. I didn't like the fact that on the way back the shuttle stopped at the uncovered lot first. The covered people paid more and had to sit and wait while the lowly uncovered parkers got off and unloaded their luggage before going to our lot.

I waited until last week to book my parking this time. First I read all of the Galveston parking threads from the past year on the CC Gulf Coast Departures board. Then I searched for Galveston cruise parking and price checked all of the lots. I may have found a gem on on the Gulf Coast Departures board. Falstaff cruise parking. This is a new facility. It used to be a brewery. It opened as a parking facility a month after my last Galveston cruise. Indoor parking is $75 after taxes and fees. It seemed like Galveston indoor parking has always been $100+ at other places I've researched in the past. After checking this time the other indoor lots ranged from $97-127. Outdoor parking at the various lots ranged from $64-87. That Falstaff indoor parking looks great! Shuttle included. I booked there.

https://falstaffcruiseparking.com/

We're parking at Falstaff too Greg! Looked like a pretty nice facility. Wouldn't it be funny if we ran into each other on the shuttle? LOL

On 2/16/2019 at 3:26 PM, Beachiekeen said:

Woo hoo, doing this same itinerary on the Vista in April, I will be hanging on every word!  🙂

You're on the same Vista cruise as my sisters and I.  There is a fairly lively FB page for this date, if you are interested. 

On 2/16/2019 at 1:43 PM, Saint Greg said:

This is a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise on the like new Carnival Vista from Galveston to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. This will be my 10th Carnival cruise, first on Vista, and third out of Galveston. It will be my first time to Montego and Grand Cayman, and my ninth time to Cozumel.

2142-820.png

Following this carefully as we are on the 4/21 sailing.  We have decided to do Chankanaab in Cozumel.  Only real chance for me to snorkel since I don't want to go out on a boat alone and sisters want the other amenities at Chankanaab.  Two of our group are planning to zipline at Montego Bay.  We'll have a lazy day at Cayman. Stingray City is really cool though. 

19 minutes ago, TravelE said:

I have one of those waterproof pouches for my phone and $. I think I used a piece of paper to test it for the first time. I was not brave enough to put my phone in!

Well the first test was my old phone. Only the shower test was my current phone.

Edited by Saint Greg

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I always bring one of these for any expenses my OBC doesn’t cover. Whatever is left I’ll

throw on the balance of my next cruise when I get back.

79df8b3784beeca1bdd509727f6afab9.jpg

I have to travel for work.....a lot. Used to be a real drag until I found out I could use Best Western Rewards for $100 Carnival gift cards. Got 4 of them in the mail a little while back. Add in cash back bonus on a credit card that I use and it adds up to Free Cheers. YES! I still have to look into a Carnival card.

• Like 1

Greg you seem to use the internet a lot on your voyages. I have read it is really terrible.  I will need to check and send emails. I also have VPN on my work laptop. Any hints or ideas you can give me would be great.  Surely there is a work around. Thank you and I will be following you I love the drink photos I have made a list for my cruise in April out of New Orleans. 

27 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I just noticed that on our next cruise luggage tags. Carnival’s gettin fancy. 😉

Yeah and actually I just noticed I have two sets of tags. One set I printed about six weeks ago the other I printed last week. The ones from six weeks ago have the write in name. The ones from last week have the name on them. I like the change. I write so little these days I’m afraid they couldn’t read my handwriting.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Navymom2x said:

Greg you seem to use the internet a lot on your voyages. I have read it is really terrible.  I will need to check and send emails. I also have VPN on my work laptop. Any hints or ideas you can give me would be great.  Surely there is a work around. Thank you and I will be following you I love the drink photos I have made a list for my cruise in April out of New Orleans. 

Ehh. I don’t think you’re going to be able to use VPN with the current internet on the ships in New Orleans. Vista has an upgraded internet that the New Orleans ships don’t have yet...i’m anxious to test out that internet. It’s been advertised that you’re supposed to be able to stream on it...which I haven’t been able to do with the old internet. Emails, iMessage...no problem...you’ll be able to do all of that.

Edited by Saint Greg