Bonsai Sushi

Butterbean1000

4 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Bonsai Sushi.  Is it open for lunch?  If it is,  it's it free like Cochina del Capitano is for lunch?

Carnival figured out a long time ago , if it taste good to the average cruiser  ,charge for it.  Guys burgers is no exception to the rule sooner or later !  :classic_ninja:

I visited Bonsai Sushi on the Inspiration this month and found it to be Average. Not outstanding and the price was fair. What looked good is the boat that you can order from the dining room only, for two people I believe $20.  It is a lot of sushi and presented well.

9 hours ago, mexicobob said:

I have never seen the first customer at the sushi place on any ship or cruise I have been on.  I question why it still exists.   On the other hand Guy's always has been packed.

ON the Dream in June 2018- Bonsai Sushi was packed every time we went by- I ate there once- enjoyed it. My wife and daughter ate there several times ( I took my plate BBQ there). 

6 hours ago, Khunter3 said:

I visited Bonsai Sushi on the Inspiration this month and found it to be Average. Not outstanding and the price was fair. What looked good is the boat that you can order from the dining room only, for two people I believe $20.  It is a lot of sushi and presented well.

I didn't realize you could do this will have to try it. My daughter is a huge sushi fan so she would love this idea.

10 hours ago, mexicobob said:

I have never seen the first customer at the sushi place on any ship or cruise I have been on.  I question why it still exists.   On the other hand Guy's always has been packed.

Every time we've been on, Bonsai Sushi was always busy, and if you ask the crew during the Q&A at the end of the cruise or just part of casual conversation they will tell you hands down Bonsai Sushi is where they splurge the most on board.

12 hours ago, mexicobob said:

While there was never a line at the "Sushi at Sea" kiosk on the Miracle last year, I did see plenty of the little take away boxes from there in various places throughout the week. I enjoyed the sushi myself, and since that is one thing I don't get to have at home very often, I'm glad it's an option on the cruise. 

On 2/17/2019 at 1:54 AM, Khunter3 said:

We had it at lunch and I think it was even less than that for price. We eat there often, always seems busy to me...