For those who know Russ

audobon_tx

8 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

wow, does not look like it is as much fun as white night on Azamara !!!

LOL. I have to agree. We were fortunate enough to be on an Azamara White night with Russ as the CD. It was constant energy and fun. A good time was had by all. 

3 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

wow, does not look like it is as much fun as white night on Azamara !!!

Yeah, although the photo was taken mostly to show Russ and isn't really representative of the whole affair.  The dancing was more crowded and the music is much better due to a large band and higher level entertainers overall. But on Crystal White Extravaganza, as it is called, is a dance mixer held from 10 PM or so, not a buffet plus dancing.  And it is held indoors regardless of weather.  Russ is happy, fitting in well, and changing things as opportunities avail themselves.

Just now, excitedofharpenden said:

I miss Russ:classic_sad:.  Phil says hi to him.  Give him a big hug!

Phil

From a CC passenger's review of the Symphony cruise preceding our current one, from a new fan of Russ:

"Oh, and then there was Russ Grieve. I know he's a favorite among the Azamara crowd, who were horrified to lose him...and is rapidly becoming a huge favorite now on Crystal, and rightly so! This man is just so...damn...charming. And fun! And hey, I'm just gonna say it...he is one of THE most handsome males of the species I have ever set eyes upon. Now let me just clarify that I am a happily married woman (34 years) so please don't take these comments the wrong way, but...I have rarely met a man in person, in the flesh so to speak (as opposed to, y'know, seeing some dashing movie star up on the big screen) who is SO preternaturally gorgeous. I mean, he literally made my breath catch a little in my throat when he would stop and talk to me, which he did every single time he saw me. Another person who has a shocking memory of faces, names, and personal details! And to make matters worse, he insisted I DANCE with him...several times! Gadzooks. One of the most amazing moments for me on the whole cruise was on White Nights, when he got me out there doing the TANGO! This ol' gal has never tangoed in her life...but he insisted he'd have me tangoing like a pro. He showed me a few steps, and then off we went...and sure enough we were really tangoing all around that dance floor. THAT is talent, folks. That's a true professional."

Edited by flyingshoes

I agree.  A HUGE loss to Azamara.  We were fortunate to be on board Quest during his final show last July.  The staff gave him a marvellous send off and so too did the guests.  Let me tell you, there was not a dry eye in the lounge, myself included.  He's such a consummate professional and personable individual.

I know he'll be successful at whatever he choses and a real asset as well.  I wish him all the best at Crystal and beyond.  He has left big shoes to fill at Azamara.

Thanks for posting the current picture thereby reminding us of prior good times with Russ.

At last night's production/kickoff show, Russ told the audience that he came from Azamara and noted that some folks from his Azamara past (others we haven't met on board yet) were sailing this leg.  He told us privately  he was planning an Azamara past passenger dinner for this cruise.  I think there are 8-12 of us and I have spoken with one of the other couples.

Edited by flyingshoes
  • Like 3

How lovely.  Russ always thought about his guests and the little things that would make them feel special. He is sorely missed. He is a great role model for anyone aspiring to fill his shoes in the future 

Edited by uktog

I know that Russ has people jumping over and I am one of them. He is the youngest CD they have. On another Crystal ship abd I bring up his name a lot. I heard already that he is making his mark..so far no Russ stabd alone show but I am sure it will be added. Spoke to our CD tonight about him.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:14 AM, uktog said:

I miss Russ too, he absolutely deserved to have his own ship on Azamara. I’m so glad it’s working for him on Crystal. Hope to sail with him again. 

Not sure what you mean by this.  He had his "own ship" on Azamara:  Quest.  Someone had to replace him while he vacationed, just like someone does for him on Crystal.