Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

11 hours ago, Bee Guy said:

Please reread  (or read) my post.  I said changes being discussed. 

Which are just bogus things people post to get a rise from others.  Until they are enacted it is all just so much horse hockey.

jc

On 3/6/2019 at 7:19 PM, steveru621 said:

Since we were platinum (now D++), we have always got a C&A Balcony discount.  Reports that it has little value depend on your financial status I guess.  For us, even $50 is greatly appreciated.  After all, you won't throw 50 bucks in the trash.

Is there a new tier that I haven't heard about? D++?

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MichaelinME said:

What some on here don't understand is that this policy affects many. Yes, it does affect Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacles. When I was on the Freedom of the Seas, the changes were mentioned by the Concierge crew and Loyalty Ambassador. 

Changes were coming, but was told on the ship and Royal Caribbean has yet to announce these changes. But staff know! 

Eventually, Diamonds will not be allowed in the Diamond Lounges! That will be a significant change for them. Only have 3 Drink coupons, if they are lucky.

All Concierge Lounges will be converted to Suite Lounges, with Diamond Plus being restricted as soon as all conversions occur to the ships. 

Pinnacles eventually will be affected also, Royal is just keeping it on the down low for now. 

Pinnacles and Diamond Plus will eventually be the only ones allowed into the Diamond Lounges, and Pinnacles soon will be restricted from the Suite lounges as soon as all the conversions occur. Too many Pinnacles affecting  the "exclusive Suite Lounge" experience per the loyalty ambassador and Concierges. 

These are huge changes!. Also, some "dilution" of Diamond Member benefits will be occurring, to reduce expenses?? I'm scared as to what that might be!

What bothers me is that Royal and its staff are aware of what's happening and what's coming down the line and do not make some kind of press release to their members so that no surprises and let downs occur once your on the ship!

Give your loyal cruisers a heads up Royal. Not surprise us when we expect a certain level of benefits and experience, for our significant loyalty.

I was told last August / September by a concierge in the diamond lounge that they didn’t offer an overflow lounge, and that is official company policy fleet wide, End of October I sailed and not only did we have an over flow lounge we had two.  Anyone who is talking to crew, thinking the crew has all of the answers is a fool.  

JC

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for posting and I agree with you but think Royal are probably apprehensive at the moment of implementing these changes which are obviously going to occur because of the success of the C&A program.

Of course you do.  You are the chicken little of the diamond lounges.  

JC

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

P’s for the most part don’t sail this time of year when fares are high and lots of kids onboard. 

Duh said captain obvious.  

It is obvious when they sail and what sailings they are en mass.  

JC

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2019 at 6:41 PM, countess5 said:

I am fortunate to do well enough that it does not. We all are in different situations and I think for what I have spent over the years the discount is chump change in the big picture.

Not being someone who is higher than others but I think we all in our individual situations need to evaluate what I call value for our money.

I heard so much about bad food and bad entertainment on the past two cruise. I agree with the entertainment but as said I buy Ultimate dinning so do not agree with the food comments. 

Bottom line, cruising is the best value for your money, taking out the status, so will continue sailing just with who is open. 

"but as said I buy Ultimate dinning so do not agree with the food comments."

So how can you agree or disagree with the food comments when you pay extra to eat elsewhere? Have you even been in the MDR lately to be able to give an opinion?

We also do well enough, but I wouldn't consider the discounts to be chump change. Sure we spend a lot on cruises, but the "chump change" adds up. It can pay for excursions, hotels or what ever other expenses there are. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura 😇

5 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

Why does it matter? People change occupations and professions quite often. I don't know one person who has worked at one place their entire life.

So did I. And I am retiring next Friday after 32 years at the same agency. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 7:36 PM, steveru621 said:

Still overblown; We just went on three cruises in a GS on Adventure and Serenade.  Not once did we have difficulty finding a seat in the SL or CL.  In fact, on Adventure, the SL was half full for 2 weeks.

Since we made D and then D+, we have never been denied a seat or had to wait in line for a drink on 22 cruises.

Since you think C&A members are freeloaders, I don't know how really to respond to your insults.  Looked back at your recent posts and it seems quite common, so I'll just ignore the rants.

Lucky you. I guess you pick the right cruises. We were in the concierge lounge on EOTS on a 21 day TP last October. It was always crowded with people standing at times. Everyday there was standing room only before the first seating, in between the 2 seatings and sometimes afterwards. I don't know how many D+, Suite and Pinnacle passengers there were because I didn't think to ask. I know that there were at least 5 Pinnacles since that was how many I met. It was a nice mix of people, but the lounge was just way to small.

Edited by ReneeFLL

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So now it’s similar to CK/SL experience for D+?

Whats the incentive to book a Suite once we make D+?

A much nicer cabin? Surely you don't just book suites for the SL? 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Duh said captain obvious.  

JC

Anyone who is talking to crew, thinking the crew has all of the answers is a fool.  

JC

Of course you do.  You are the chicken little of the diamond lounges.  

JC

Do you know how to write a post without being rude?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I was told last August / September by a concierge in the diamond lounge that they didn’t offer an overflow lounge, and that is official company policy fleet wide, End of October I sailed and not only did we have an over flow lounge we had two.  Anyone who is talking to crew, thinking the crew has all of the answers is a fool.  

JC

Amen.  However, you do pick some good tidbits.  On my first Anthem cruise in Aug. '16, a Pax asked the Captain at his Q&A session, if we will see an Oasis class ship ailing from Bayonne.  The Captain resoundingly answered Yes!   Guess what, it's happening in 2020. 

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Lucky you. I guess you pick the right cruises. We were in the concierge lounge on EOTS on a 21 day TP last October. It was always crowded with people standing at times. Everyday there was standing room only before the first seating, in between the 2 seatings and sometimes afterwards. I don't know how many D+, Suite and Pinnacle passengers there were because I didn't think to ask. I know that there were at least 5 Pinnacles since that was how many I met. It was a nice mix of people, but the lounge was just way to small.

TA, TP, repositioning,  they are all crowded. Royal can't design for worst case scenario a couple times a year. 😉

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

So did I. And I am retiring next Friday after 32 years at the same agency. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It is a great feeling and new life style.  I retired January 2, and not looking back.

Welcome to a new stage of life!!!!!

Enjoy, be safe, stay healthy.

Safe travels.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Congrats!!  I was another that stayed at the same company almost 35 years.  Unfortunately don't see this longevity in the younger generation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

TA, TP, repositioning,  they are all crowded. Royal can't design for worst case scenario a couple times a year. 😉

That’s absolutely correct, however they can do a much better job with handling the SK/CK on Oasis Class ships. 

Best time to sail on Harmony/Allure/Oasis would be during this years 50th on Symphony. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Congrats!!  I was another that stayed at the same company almost 35 years.  Unfortunately don't see this longevity in the younger generation.

This younger generation wants stability just as much if not more than the baby boomers.  However,  the days of pensions are for the most part with some rare exceptions gone, and with retirement not really tied to one company in particular,  you are gonna move to a better job with better pay and benefits if it comes along.  The rewards for company loyalty have diminished over the last 50 years.  

Edited by rimmit
  • Like 3