Symphony of the seas dining

Jhmoses76

You should have been able to select your primary dining options at the time that you booked the cruise.  The options available when booking are MTD, and Standard Earl/Late.  It would be unusual that one of the three options - in particular MTD - was not available and I would contact RCI or your travel agent by phone to check. 

It is possible that the early or late seating (or both) could be filled already depending on when you booked, but MTD is usually available as the default.  And since you are 5 months away from your sailing date it would be unusual for there to be no MTD options.  (The times you might prefer may be taken, but there should be some time options open).

The specialty restaurant planner for specific restaurants may not be available yet, although there typically would be dining package options available to chose from to be scheduled later.  Certainly I would expect this to open up within 90 days of your sailing date if there is nothing shown already.  But to be sure, I would contact RCI or your travel agent on this as well.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

39 minutes ago, Jhmoses76 said:

Thanks I will contact them. There are no MDR options available. The only option I have under dining are the multiple night package deals for specialty dining. but I cant book an individual restaurant.  

It's not unusual that there would be specialty restaurant dining packages available, but no individual restaurants showing on the planner yet for reservations.  You can also reserve them once on board - we always do.  So I would not be overly concerned about that if you want to purchase one of the packages now.  Typically they will make a Day 1 or 2 courtesy reservation for you (which usually can also be modified on board) with the other nights decided on board if you do not reserve in advance.

If there are no MDR options at this point you can wait list directly with RCI or through your travel agent.  But MTD should be available.  It would be unusual for that to also be closed with no options available to you.

Contact your TA or RCI  (if you booked directly thru the cruise line), and ask to be put on a "waitlist" for whichever dining time you'd like.  If you don't get what you want PRIOR to sailing, head to the dining room on boarding day (usually around 2pm) and talk to the Maitre'D.....they want you to be happy, and will do all they can to get you what you'd like.