Dinning Room Dinner Take Out?

seasub

15 minutes ago, seasub said:

Once on board carnival fantasy,

1} where can I get dinning room menu other than dinning room,

2} can I get dinning room dinner 🐟 TO GO, back to my cabin ♥️?

You might be able to see the menu on the cruise line’s website.  In most cases I’ve experienced the menu is posted just outside the dining room.

I very much doubt an line would permit you to go into the galley to pick up your meal.  You can, of course, order it through room service - but you will be charged.

Just now, navybankerteacher said:

You might be able to see the menu on the cruise line’s website.  In most cases I’ve experienced the menu is posted just outside the dining room.

Oh yeah, now that you mention that I think I recall seeing that some years back on Elation and Fascination. Thanks

Just now, navybankerteacher said:

I very much doubt an line would permit you to go into the galley to pick up your meal.  You can, of course, order it through room service - but you will be charged.

Right, cant afford room service but you also have spurred my memory of a menu they give in stateroom of free sandwiches they offer as room service. Ex tuna melt.  Just trying to think of place to get a good fish{ tilapa salmon etc } to take back to room if my wife is too tired to go to dinning room first night, or any night. Thanks for your reply

18 minutes ago, seasub said:

Oh yeah, now that you mention that I think I recall seeing that some years back on Elation and Fascination. Thanks

Right, cant afford room service but you also have spurred my memory of a menu they give in stateroom of free sandwiches they offer as room service. Ex tuna melt.  Just trying to think of place to get a good fish{ tilapa salmon etc } to take back to room if my wife is too tired to go to dinning room first night, or any night. Thanks for your reply

Very often the Lido, or Windjammer, or whatever they call the buffet, will have the same (or at least similar) dishes as are served in the dining room.  I know you usually can pick up a plate there and bring it back

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Very often the Lido, or Windjammer, or whatever they call the buffet, will have the same (or at least similar) dishes as are served in the dining room.  I know you usually can pick up a plate there and bring it back

H,mmm, I remmber Lido deck buffet and often got breakfest and/or lunch there, but dont recall salmon or tilapia there.  Best I can recall, is if they had fish it was catfish{ ugh }.

Not a catfish fan.

The in-room TV will show the menus for the day.  I've had all different kinds of fish in the Lido, not just catfish.  If there's fish on the dining room menu, you will find also find fish in the Lido.

Roz

16 hours ago, Roz said:

The in-room TV will show the menus for the day.  I've had all different kinds of fish in the Lido, not just catfish.  If there's fish on the dining room menu, you will find also find fish in the Lido.

Roz

Yeah, that  "tv menus" that does spur a  memory.

But, is the LIDO buffet open at dinner time also? I seem to recall it closed some of the time, and/or has much less variety of foods, depending{?}.  Funny how I dont recall any good fish there.

I know we did eat at DINING room{s} every night on both cruises, except for one night I was a little tired and sickish.

Edited by seasub

12 hours ago, cb at sea said:

It's DINING room...not "dinning"...just so  you know.  "Take-out" is a rarity.....if you're ill, they might do it.   But it's nicer to just eat there, while it's somewhat hot.

Yeah, I dont think take-out from Celebration or Jubiliee is a good option if at all. 

Tuna-melt or possible good fish at LIDO buffet appear to be best options, but there is a couple of new eateries ---Bluge Iguanna and Guys Burger Joint---  Its all good, whatever options are availible.  Just looking to keep wife satisfied in case she is too tired 1st night or any night.

9 hours ago, skrufy said:

You can get the daily menu on the Carnival Hub App.

Right,good idea but I dont have cell phone.  Wife does so that sounds like a good idea.  I was also reading about award winning app called 'Ship Mate' but it appears to be for more regular type of crusiers.  Every time we go we always have said, this will probably our only time ever or last time ever.

Mobile was NOT availible 1st time so NOrleans{ Elation } initial cruise. Very cool!

Then Fascination{ Bahamas/Nassau beautiful } keywest{ I would have skipped } out of Jacksonville, and then Carnival came back to Mobile and the price just barely fit within our budget --not really tho--- and this will  most likely be our last time Sad :--(.....☹️.......)--:

I love crusing and do not like flying.  Every time I flew someone else paid for it and I always felt like I had no business being 30,000 ft in the air.

Edited by seasub

1 hour ago, Roz said:

Every Carnival cruise I've been on had the Lido open during dinner as an alternative to the main dining room.  No one goes hungry on a cruise!

Roz 

And so goes my more limited memory abilities :classic_blink:🙈 I remmember no evil food monkey :--)

22 hours ago, seasub said:

1) Menus are available posted outside the dining room all day, on the HUB app, or on the in-room television.

2) Not sure why you would want to???  If you want a MDR meal, you will most likely need to eat in the MDR.  Most Maitre d's will not allow "carry out" from the MDR unless you are confined to your cabin due to illness or, in some limited cases, taking a desert to go after your meal.  The Lido buffet is open for dinner, if you want to have dinner in your stateroom, you will probably need to get it there and carry it back.

49 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

1) Menus are available posted outside the dining room all day, on the HUB app, or on the in-room television.

Thanks, weve covered all of these angles in previous reply posts. Thanks.

I think I am now clear on my options.  Will have to wait and see what new options are available with new eateries, as I stated previously, Thanks again to all who responded.

Its all good

9 minutes ago, seasub said:

Thanks, weve covered all of these angles in previous reply posts. Thanks.

I think I am now clear on my options.  Will have to wait and see what new options are available with new eateries, as I stated previously, Thanks again to all who responded.

Its all good

Since you seem to be fairly new here, I am going to be the first to tell you ... you will get a lot of answers to your posts.  Some will summarize the previous answers and, like mine, add a little more clarity to a portion of what you were asking.  You should probably learn to roll with it.

Also, when you have questions relating to activities specific to the cruise line, it's always better to ask on the forum for that specific cruise line.  

Edited by Schoifmom

23 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

Since you seem to be fairly new here, I am going to be the first to tell you ... you will get a lot of answers to your posts.  Some will summarize the previous answers and, like mine, add a little more clarity to a portion of what you were asking.  You should probably learn to roll with it.

Also, when you have questions relating to activities specific to the cruise line, it's always better to ask on the forum for that specific cruise line.  

Thanks again to all for advice. Ive posted various threads this thread got helpful replyus. Thanks again to all.♥️ > 🍀  > 🥂🚢

5 hours ago, Roz said:

Every Carnival cruise I've been on had the Lido open during dinner as an alternative to the main dining room.  No one goes hungry on a cruise!

Roz 

Every ocean cruise on which I have sailed ... the buffet is open as an alternative to breakfast, lunch and dinner. As stated above, "no one goes hungry on a cruise".

Edited by dogs4fun

On 2/17/2019 at 7:27 AM, seasub said:

OK, this isn't exactly what your are asking but it is actual experience that comes close -- well kinda sorta I suppose.   On several occasions we have ordered "to-go" in the MDR for one of our group who couldn't come to the dining room.  We've carried the covered plate(s) back to the person(s) in their cabin.  

Enjoy.  

19 minutes ago, ldubs said:

OK, this isn't exactly what your are asking but it is actual experience that comes close -- well kinda sorta I suppose.   On several occasions we have ordered "to-go" in the MDR for one of our group who couldn't come to the dining room.  We've carried the covered plate(s) back to the person(s) in their cabin.  

Enjoy.  

Yes it is the answer to what I was asking and the ole saying goes, 'never hurts to ask'. 

Years ago Ringo Starr and Peter Sellers made a movie called The Magic Christian where inferred anyone can be bought off. Or in this case, get a MDR meal.

my pockets are that deep  and wife nor I ever feared going hungry on past two cruises.  More concerned about gaining to many pounds 🦑 :classic_blush:🐷 🌕 { Full Moon }