When is Capt. Kate leaving Equinox for Edge?

Pier290

Captain Kate McCue is aboard Equinox until March 30th in Miami. After her leave she rejoins Equinox on 8th June in Fort Lauderdale and transfers to Edge in Italy on August 17th where she stays until September 30th when it gets back to Rome. Some well deserved vacation leave follows and she signs back on to Edge on December 15th in Fort Lauderdale.

Anything of course can change but this update came from the lady herself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toftwood said:

Captain Kate McCue is aboard Equinox until March 30th in Miami. After her leave she rejoins Equinox on 8th June in Fort Lauderdale and transfers to Edge in Italy on August 17th where she stays until September 30th when it gets back to Rome. Some well deserved vacation leave follows and she signs back on to Edge on December 15th in Fort Lauderdale.

That makes sense... Dimitrios Kafetzis took over beginning of Feb...+Mar. + Apr. Captain Costas: May, Jun, Jul. Capt Kate Aug.. Sep while Capt Kafetzis goes to Apex..

1 hour ago, Toftwood said:

Not ever sailed with a lady Captain but are interested as she sounds fun. Looks like we will be ok on the 19th August then ..... hubby happy .. haha 

8 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Darn, we're on the June 1 Equinox sailing, so I guess we'll miss seeing her!

Maybe she’ll come back early.  Seems odd they’d have a Captain just one week....unless the Captain stays with the ship during dry dock?

14 hours ago, Provence55always said:

È molto divertente che abbiamo navigato con lei un paio di settimane fa. Siamo stati fortunati ad avere un invito al ponte dove abbiamo anche incontrato il suo gatto. Lei è molto amichevole e ama il suo lavoro!

who envies! 

15 hours ago, Arno. said:

That makes sense... Dimitrios Kafetzis took over beginning of Feb...+Mar. + Apr. Captain Costas: May, Jun, Jul. Capt Kate Aug.. Sep while Capt Kafetzis goes to Apex..

23 minutes ago, flipflap78 said:

We will be on the Equinox the week before she is scheduled to leave.  Hope she remains on it for our sailing

21 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Not ever sailed with a lady Captain but are interested as she sounds fun. Looks like we will be ok on the 19th August then ..... hubby happy .. haha 

She is amazing.  We sailed with her on Equinox last year.  She is very accessible, visible and will do any job which needs doing regardless of the task at hand.  We witnessed her mopping a floor in the buffet and bussing a table.  The crew loves her as do the passengers.  Many fellow passengers were sailing Equinox solely because of her.  She's great!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CapeCodFlyer said:

Many fellow passengers were sailing Equinox solely because of her.  She's great!

So after she leaves Equinox, all those pax will now pay the surcharge to see her on Edge, and Equinox will be a near empty ship, just as Summit was after she left for Equinox.

37 minutes ago, Arno. said:

So after she leaves Equinox, all those pax will now pay the surcharge to see her on Edge, and Equinox will be a near empty ship, just as Summit was after she left for Equinox.

I think my Equinox sailing, which is Captain Kate's last on Equinox (3/23-3/30)  will only be half full, judging by the number of available cabins I see 4 1/2 weeks out. (hundreds) So it's not like everyone is rushing to see her on her last trip. (PS, I never heard of her until after I booked.)

Also, I definitely am not paying a surcharge for Kate on Equinox.  The cost is less than most Carnival cruises I've taken. 

Edited by mfs2k

16 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I think my Equinox sailing, which is Captain Kate's last on Equinox (3/23-3/30)  will only be half full, judging by the number of available cabins I see 4 1/2 weeks out. (hundreds) So it's not like everyone is rushing to see her on her last trip. (PS, I never heard of her until after I booked.)

Also, I definitely am not paying a surcharge for Kate on Equinox.  The cost is less than most Carnival cruises I've taken. 

I know she is very highly regarded by both pax and crew.  She manages the whole ship from the top down.  I have not sailed on a X ship with her as the Master of The Vessel but when I do, I will be more than happy to be a passenger under her command.

21 hours ago, hiccups said:

Darn, we're on the June 1 Equinox sailing, so I guess we'll miss seeing her!

Hi hiccup......we will be on the June 1st Equinox and the June 8th Equinox - happy Captain Kate will be on at least one of our sailings.  Both would be great!!!!  She was our Captain twice before on the Equinox and we love her!!!

As I understand it Capt. Kate was brought into Celebrity and was able to bypass perhaps 30 long service Staff Captains who needed fifteen years to get to the top. I do not say Capt. Kate does not have the ability I just state that she is a Celebrity Captain only because she is a woman.  Did she ever serve as a Safety Officer or Staff Captain on Celebrity. Not to my knowledge.  After two weeks on the Edge she can have it, I do not think we will ever be back on that ship.   I expect to see Edge prices fall dramatically and Reflection and sister ship rise in unison.EdgeReview190217.odt

I agree. Someone posted earlier in the thread that it is great that she mops the floor and clears tables.

The cruise I was on she was doing make overs in the spa, pushing jewelry in the jewellery shop and handing out chocolates in the cafe.

There is a cruise director and entertainment staff to entertain the guests....let’s have the captain and the officers focus on operating the ship. Seems she is more interested in being popular on Instagram and being a celebrity.

My personal view is that her approach is the best.  I want a Captain who is hands on and visible, not one who is stuck on the bridge all day. Handing out chocolates or mopping the floor is focusing on operating the ship.  Her popularity seems almost universal so she must be getting something right. 

Her high level of visibility to passengers is according to crew, equal for them as she takes many of her meals in the crew mess and not in the domain of the high and mighty otherwise called the senior officers’ mess. I think a few other captains across all cruise lines could learn from her as quite frankly as proficient as they are, some of them seem to have suffered a charisma and personality bypass at birth with few if any interpersonal skills.

Celebrity are using their assets skilfully - in this case human assets - by transferring her to a new ship that does seem to have had a mixed reception.

• Like 2