Anthem of the Seas - Concierge Lounge - Still Open to Diamond Plus?

yogimax

Just off Vision where we learned the Concierge Club was no longer available to Diamond Plus.

Our next cruise is on Anthem which has an amazing Concierge Lounge.  So here's the question.  Do Diamond Plus still have access to this lounge or has Royal also taken this amenity away from D+?

1 minute ago, Lady Hudson said:

It was open to Diamond plus last month —1/6 to 1/26.

Thanks for your feedback.  Apparently, the Concierge Club on Vision was also open to D+ a month ago.  The change was so recent that the CL sign was still there instead of the new Suite Lounge sign.  Tired of seeing so many amenities taken away from D+ while Royal focuses solely on the Suities. (yes, I know that is a made up word!)

Just now, yogimax said:

Thanks for your feedback.  Apparently, the Concierge Club on Vision was also open to D+ a month ago.  The change was so recent that the CL sign was still there instead of the new Suite Lounge sign.  Tired of seeing so many amenities taken away from D+ while Royal focuses solely on the Suities. (yes, I know that is a made up word!)

Vision (and other Vision class) will vary policy based on how many Pinnacles are on board.  I sailed Vision 1/5/19  and I had access to the CL however the cruise before D+ did not.  I talked to the Concierge about it, it's based on numbers.  

I imagine other ships that still have a CL will follow suit including Anthem. 

It's just a matter of time before they drape a banner over the door claiming the CL is now an SL.  Get used to it.  

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I don’t know the size of the CL on Vision but on Anthem it is huge!  Maybe that will make a difference.  Katherine

8 minutes ago, yogimax said:

As a Suitie, I look forward to a more peaceful SL on the Vision for the upcoming TA in April... 😃

The D+’s were pretty much overbearing on my last Vision Cruise. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Get used to it.  

Nope... if we all "get used to it," we will have submitted without a fight.  D+ are the backbone of RCCL's revenue.  Loyalty matters and we need to speak up to preserve our perks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, yogimax said:

Nope... if we all "get used to it," we will have submitted without a fight.  D+ are the backbone of RCCL's revenue.  Loyalty matters and we need to speak up to preserve our perks!

You are progressing quite well as a PIT...  Pinnacle in Training.   Power on!  🙂  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, yogimax said:

I'm bumping this up since we sail on Friday and hoping the CL is still open to D+

So do I. We're back on Anthem in a few months and will be very disappointed if CL is not open to D+.  Not a fan of DL on Anthem.

15 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

So do I. We're back on Anthem in a few months and will be very disappointed if CL is not open to D+.  Not a fan of DL on Anthem.

I’m on the ship now you can use the CL

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, here's an update...

YES, the CL (or SL) is still open to Diamond Plus members.  This is a relatively large lounge and there was never a problem with seating.  It seemed that half of the lounge was filled with Pinnacles, but it was never a problem.  The three servers were the best.  Mrs. Yogimax especially enjoyed the chocolate martinis.

As a side note to those D+ who qualify for the "Meal with an Officer," it was the best lunch we have ever had at one of these... surf and turf with amazing filet mignon and lobster tail!  Enjoy!

Note to RCCL - Please keep this lounge open to D+

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yogimax said:

As promised, here's an update...

YES, the CL (or SL) is still open to Diamond Plus members.  This is a relatively large lounge and there was never a problem with seating.  It seemed that half of the lounge was filled with Pinnacles, but it was never a problem.  The three servers were the best.  Mrs. Yogimax especially enjoyed the chocolate martinis.

As a side note to those D+ who qualify for the "Meal with an Officer," it was the best lunch we have ever had at one of these... surf and turf with amazing filet mignon and lobster tail!  Enjoy!

Note to RCCL - Please keep this lounge open to D+

I didn't get up to the CL this trip, but I ran into Ricardo a few times, and was glad to see him back on board.  I was on a B2B and on the 12 night cruise before, the CL was packed.  Yes the lunch with and officer was excellent.  From what I heard, the lounge will stay available to D+ until she goes into dry dock in April 2020, but with Royal anything can happen before then.

35 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

From what I heard, the lounge will stay available to D+ until she goes into dry dock in April 2020, but with Royal anything can happen before then.

Not sure if it means anything but the Quantum deck plan (on RCI's web site) post dry dock on Quantum still shows a CL in its current location.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, Lady Hudson said:

I don’t know the size of the CL on Vision but on Anthem it is huge!  Maybe that will make a difference.  Katherine

Yes, but not a lot of seating.  I prefer the DL with the overflow to the Music Hall.

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Yes, but not a lot of seating.  I prefer the DL with the overflow to the Music Hall.

Huh?  "Not a lot of seating" in the CL?  Sorry to disagree but it runs the entire width of the deck with plenty of seats by the windows as well as inside.  We also went once to the DL and it had maybe 1/4 of the seating of the CL.

13 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Huh?  "Not a lot of seating" in the CL?  Sorry to disagree but it runs the entire width of the deck with plenty of seats by the windows as well as inside.  We also went once to the DL and it had maybe 1/4 of the seating of the CL.

Either my eyes are bad or yours.   However, I believe my eyes.  We went to the Cl on my August sail and it was so hot at the 5-6pm due to the sun that it was unbearable.  The CL was empty and we could not sit near the window.

Hmmm.... sunny and hot vs. dark and dreary.  Sorry, but I'll go for the sunshine every time, especially during winter.

Please check out the deck plans for decks 12 and 4 on Anthem.  I think you'll see the CL is about three times as large as the DL.