Pearl March 6th - Charter or partial charter?

ryguyburns

I am on this sailing too. It looks like a "large group" according to the website(I guess the original charter didn't sell well.) On the website of the charter(large group) it states that about 1000 people are part of it.

I didn't book this through the charter and I had no idea it was a partial charter before I booked it.

Here is the link that shows it isn't a full charter...

http://www.trailerparkboyscruise.com/key/

We booked this last minute as it was a short cruise and can't be away from work for a week right now. We realized after the fact that it was partially chartered. We are a little concerned about the experience onboard being quite different from past cruises. Being that we paid next to nothing as we went through CAS, just going to make the best of it.

59 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Some venues like the theater will be closed off during the day due to a "private event". other then that, it should be like a regular cruise.

Uh, maybe not...

If you’re on this sailing, you might want to Google this group to get an idea of what to expect.

2 hours ago, Capefearshore said:

We booked this last minute as it was a short cruise and can't be away from work for a week right now. We realized after the fact that it was partially chartered. We are a little concerned about the experience onboard being quite different from past cruises. Being that we paid next to nothing as we went through CAS, just going to make the best of it.

We are in the same position. Already booked and paid before we realized. I did notice on the website for the charter that they are having some of the events in the sports court so it looks like they will be in another area besides the pool area. I am making the best of it too. That is why I booked a pass for the Thermal Suite so that if all hell breaks loose on the ship then to the spa I will go. We got a good price with the package so that is why we had booked it too.

I also notice that on the charter website the room that you can get for $279 pp on NCL is around $800 pp so the passengers on this charter paid a pretty penny to go as compared to regular passengers. This is why I am sure that they are moving the festivities to other areas so us lower paying NCL passengers can't sneak in their "entertainment" for free. Suits me fine I have no desire to see any of their shows and the more separate they are from the regular passengers the better. I wouldn't think that NCL would want to piss off up to half (or more) of their regular paying passengers especially when booking on the NCL website it says nothing about being with a large charter group.

This is my first cruise with NCL so I hope it doesn't misrepresent what a cruise is like on the line. But like I said we are going to have a good time regardless.