Croatia

Werangels

Hello all.  Newbie here!

i am looking at the Croatia Intensive 7 day cruise in September on Pursuit.  Has anyone done this cruise or similar please?  I haven’t managed to find any reviews and was just looking for a general opinion on the ports, excursions, etc please?

Thanks for helping.

We did this voyage a few years ago on Quest and it remains one of our all time favourite itineraries. The scenery is stunning, the sail ins to the ports especially Kotor outstanding and doing it on a ship Azamara’s size, you won’t be disappointed. 

We explored most ports on our own because there was so much to see in walking distance from the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Thank you.  We have flown over so many times and I am always in awe as it looks so stunning.  I am very tempted.

Funny it was flying back on a very clear day from a cruise that ended in Athens that prompted us to consider the Croatia round trip cruise.  In my mind it is even more stunning on the ground if that is possible.

2 hours ago, Werangels said:

Hello all.  Newbie here!

i am looking at the Croatia Intensive 7 day cruise in September on Pursuit.  Has anyone done this cruise or similar please?  I haven’t managed to find any reviews and was just looking for a general opinion on the ports, excursions, etc please?

Thanks for helping.

21st September?  A really nice itinerary.  That is the best part of the Med in my view.  Dubrovnik shouldn’t be too busy as there is only one other ship of any size in port with you.  This makes a definite difference as Dubrovnik can get VERY busy.  You are also tendering there rather than dock, which means instead of a shuttle to the old town, the tender will take you straight there.  Add to that an overnight in Venice.  No hesitation in recommending it.

Phil

• Like 1

We are also considering this cruise, so thanks to Werangels for posing this question and to those who have replied.

We have been to Kotor and agree that it is a very impressive sail-in to the port.

Also been several times to Dubrovnik, so will look to go a bit further afield when tendering there.

58 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong one.  Croatia intensive which looks like the 21st September sailing doesn't go to Kotor.

Phil

Thanks for the polite correction.

We are also looking at the Sept. 28 itinerary as a B2B, an itinerary that does include Kotor.

Apologies to Werangels for causing confusion about the original post.

• Like 1

Thanks, I made the mistake of looking at the details of the cruise which says 'docked' as opposed to "tendered" as in Amalfi, Sorrento, Giardina Naxos and Kotor.

I did try to look after logging onto my cruise but could only find the above details on the Itinerary section of the booking page.

It will be great to be tendered in ! Have seen cruise ships in the bay before when we were docked up the coast.  One time it was so difficult to get a taxi back to our ship due to the long lines, that  I had to try a little bribery by going into the cafe where the taxi drivers were taking their break.  We did make it in time, but the driver had to cut through a couple of car parks and took a very unconventional route altogether.  Exciting but not for the faint hearted.

If you like oysters, highly recommend the Taste of Ston tour, although the description is a bit misleading. You are in a minivan, not a boat to get to Ston, then on a little boat to the oyster beds. Tastings, followed by fabulous lunch and views of the midieval wall.

You will enjoy the gentle cosmopolitan feel of Hvar. We visited it on Journey two years ago and loved it so much we returned the following year to spend a week on the island. We had a great holiday and would visit Hvar again anytime.

30 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Thank you Molly.  I’m not overly bothered about oysters.  Just looking forward to wandering the lanes in Dubrovnik.

Tiggertom - Hvar is somewhere I have looked at for holidays for a while so looking forward to this 

We were docked twice and a shuttle was provided.

Two ships from other lines were anchored off the beautiful town of Dubrovnik, just a short tender ride (as has been mentioned) almost right into the heart of the town.

I would love to cruise the Adriatic again. ♥