Haven Disembarkation in NOLA.....Breakaway

bfree32

Travelling on Breakaway at the end of March. We are staying in the Haven and I know that we will disembark first. I thought I had planned my flight accordingly. However, I am learning about construction near the port/convention center and I also noted the fact that Carnival Dream will be arriving same day.  It seems as if Breakaway is scheduled before the Dream, but arrival time is 7AM. Multiple variables at play; most notable being the fact that I thought arrival time was 6AM (not 7AM).   I am looking for information on what time previous Haven passengers were off the ship in NOLA. (I don't want to say, but plenty will ask......I am presently scheduled on a 9:30 flight)

PS: I am not looking for judgement about my flight plans. We travel light, we do not need assistance, we have been in the Haven before, we are seasoned travelers, and we have TSA. My mistake was thinking 6AM and not 7AM. And I am trying to get in front of this rather than being anxious for a week prior to disembarkation.  

hard to say what effect the construction will have, but if you are returning on a Sunday, unlikely that the construction will actually be in process.  As far as disembarkation, be in the haven a few minutes before the scheduled dock time and the concierge will take you right down as soon as the gangway opens.  That process is super easy.  Oh and make sure you hand carry your luggage.  That's the fastest way to disembark.  Grab a cab as soon as you are out of customs and you should be fine.

I can tell you that having been on the cruise in Jan. the construction will not be an issue as you dock on a Sunday.

While the pier is well crammed with comings and goings the traffic including cabs is well orchestrated in and out.

Disembarkment did start on time  at 7:00. The cabs are right outside the exit lined up queue and move fast and officers are directing traffic out of the pier. Cab ride is approx 25 min.

Being Canadian I can't advise info on your flight time.  I also don't know if you can do pre check in online 24 hours in advance as we can but if you can that would help your process as the airport and secure you seating.

Just off Breakaway Sunday.   They announced for passengers carrying off all their luggage and no assist needed, at approx. 7am.  we were n Haven, concierge will take you down their elevator to deck 7.  All depends on when customs staff show up for work.  Ship docked by 6am, but then had to be cleared.

I had this exact thought panic in December and was fine. Had a 10am flight, walked off with our bags and grabbed a cab to the airport. There wasn’t any traffic or active construction - but the area was busy. It was fairly orderly 

With no traffic or construction the airport is 30-40 minutes from port.  That puts you, best case scenario - walking off right at 7 with your luggage, at the airport around 7:45-8.  If there is any delay, you aren’t off the ship first, etc you could have problems.

I’ve had ships delayed 1-3 hours due to customs not clearing the ship, random inspections, etc. It DOES happen. Whether it happens to you, none of us can say.

Personally, I would feel more comfortable with a later flight, but you could easily make it too. But you’re basically gambling that nothing goes wrong.