RCI orders, yes, a 6th Oasis class ship!

JAMESCC

Wow I just saw RCI ordered a 6th Oasis class ship. I have no idea where these giant are going to all be ported or where they will sail but I'm excited. Here to hoping it will be here in NJ.

I will leave a link but they don't allow links here right? Well here goes a try, either way just Google it, comes up quickly.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/20393-royal-caribbean-orders-sixth-oasis-class-vessel.html

47 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Wow I just saw RCI ordered a 6th Oasis class ship. I have no idea where these giant are going to all be ported or where they will sail but I'm excited. Here to hoping it will be here in NJ.

A little off topic here but on the INDY earlier this month - we were told by the NextCruise Manager that the Oasis is coming to Bayonne in 2020 or 2021 (i can't remember which year).  He made mention of it saying they were bringing Central Park to Central Park.

I hope they decide to home one in Southampton. The UK market has little competition at the moment. A majority of Brits cruise with P&O, and most of their ships are based in Southampton in the summer months, with a handful going elsewhere in the winter for the sun. They have just released their biggest ship, "Iona", which apparently is selling very well. 

Independence has always fared well. I wonder if they are using the Anthem to understand the interest in  super ships from the UK. They would have to run her on a 12 night/2 week cruise to get over to the ports that could hold her in Western Europe! 

I would love it. As convenient and well priced P&O are, it is just a bit too British for me. I go on holiday to escape the UK! 

Edited by Guest

41 minutes ago, Armac said:

Wow. I remember when Oasis came out. I said this is great, prices will drop after a few months because they will never be able to fill that big a ship every week. Shows you how much I know

I remember reading the other boards saying how this will ruin cruising.  There was one poster (among many) who predicted Royal's upcoming bankruptcy.  He stated over and over that Carnival doesn't have to build big ships, they just have to wait and pick up the Oasis after Royal folds.  :classic_wink:

31 minutes ago, rsfunk said:

A little off topic here but on the INDY earlier this month - we were told by the NextCruise Manager that the Oasis is coming to Bayonne in 2020 or 2021 (i can't remember which year).  He made mention of it saying they were bringing Central Park to Central Park.

Yes, those 2020 sailings ( while Anthem is away) were part of the itinerary release a couple of months ago. 

Erik posted this on FB

Future Royal Caribbean Ships

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Spectrum of the Seas (Quantum 4) - April 18, 2019
Odyssey of the Seas (Quantum 5) – Fall 2020

ON ORDER
Oasis 5 – Spring 2021
Project Icon 1 – Q2 2022
Oasis 6 – Fall 2023
Project Icon 2 – Q2 2024

10 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

They had patented the following names:

Vahalla, Sunrise, Icon, Apex, Joy, Emblem (all in 2014) as well as Phenom, Gallant, and Eon (in September 2018) and metropolis (October 2018).  Apparently, Apex, Emblem, Joy may have expired.

Apex is the name of the second Edge class ship for Celebrity.

Wow a lot of great responses. Whoever said Oasis would cause RCI to go under I have to laugh and laugh hard. Anyway we have Oasis coming to NJ so I'm happy with that. It'll be interesting see where this new Oasis ship lands though. I personally hope its not China. I mean nothing against China but I hope its the US or Europe.