Voyager Club points?

Beachin2

Need the help of you MSC experts.  Looked at the MSC web site VC section (clear as mud) and really couldn't find a clear answer. 

We were status matched from RC D+ to MSC Gold, now showing 4300 points.  We are booked on the Seaside in the Yacht Club for 14 nights this fall.  Am I reading correctly that this 14 night booking (booked as 1 cruise, not B2B) will yield a flat 2,000 points?  Is it true that if this were a B2B (booked as 2 cruises) each would earn 2,000 points for a total of 4,000?

Are all status matched to Gold given the same 4,300 starting points or does it depend on the RC points level (which they never asked for)?

Trying to understand the system so there are no surprises.  Looking forward to enjoying the MSC YC product!

7 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Need the help of you MSC experts.  Looked at the MSC web site VC section (clear as mud) and really couldn't find a clear answer. 

We were status matched from RC D+ to MSC Gold, now showing 4300 points.  We are booked on the Seaside in the Yacht Club for 14 nights this fall.  Am I reading correctly that this 14 night booking (booked as 1 cruise, not B2B) will yield a flat 2,000 points?  Is it true that if this were a B2B (booked as 2 cruises) each would earn 2,000 points for a total of 4,000?

Are all status matched to Gold given the same 4,300 starting points or does it depend on the RC points level (which they never asked for)?

Trying to understand the system so there are no surprises.  Looking forward to enjoying the MSC YC product!

Was this offered  as two 7-night cruises?

I'm in the same boat.  I'm on a 21-night but I get the same points as a 10. I status matched to silver, got 2200 points.  It appears you get the minimum number of points of the level you matched. 

image.png

Edited by SeaTheW0rld
more

Beachin2  Yes, Yes and Yes, everyone is given the lowest number of points needed to attain the level that they get matched to.  It's irrelevant what points you have with another cruiseline.  It's the level that's matched - not the number of nights you've done or the number of points you've accumulated elsewhere.

Bea

Edited by Beamafar

4 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

Was this offered  as two 7-night cruises?

I'm in the same boat.  I'm on a 21-night but I get the same points as a 10. I status matched to silver, got 2200 points.  It appears you get the minimum number of points of the level you matched. 

image.png

I know it's VERY unfair. We should have been on Black long ago

Edited by Linda Hershowitz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Thanks for the replies.  This was offered as a single 14 night cruise, but I'm sure it could have been booked as a B2B 7X2.

I get the "lowest point total in the tier".  Makes sense.

On the plus side, you're in YC.  You get pretty much everything, anyway. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 8:13 PM, Beachin2 said:

Agreed.  My much better half was interested in the chocolate ship, but I imagine I can just buy one.

They're nothing to write home about;  the chocolate is not good.  (The ones for sale may be better - especially in Venchi/Jean Philippe stores).

On 2/18/2019 at 2:44 PM, Beachin2 said:

Is it true that if this were a B2B (booked as 2 cruises) each would earn 2,000 points for a total of 4,000?

Not quite 4.00 points.  If you booked it as a YC B2B, it would be 3,000, not 4,000 points (two 5-9 night cruises at 1500 per cruise).  You still lose points, but in the grand scheme of things, you are in YC for two weeks!  We are doing one week this March and one two week cruise the following year (one cruise, not a B2B).

2 hours ago, JAGR said:

Not quite 4.00 points.  If you booked it as a YC B2B, it would be 3,000, not 4,000 points (two 5-9 night cruises at 1500 per cruise).  You still lose points, but in the grand scheme of things, you are in YC for two weeks!  We are doing one week this March and one two week cruise the following year (one cruise, not a B2B).

Thanks.  I see that now on the chart.  Sure seems to be a strange system, but it is what it is.

We are very much looking forward to the YC.