meet and mingle

micheeteach

We have been to a couple of meet & greet for a P&O sailings organised through the roll call on here.  It does need someone to take the lead to make the arrangements with whoever is the appropriate person on board.  But it is true to say they were longer cruises starting with a TA so perhaps people feel more inclined to want such events when there are a lot of sea days.  

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

P&O don't do organised meet & Mingles like RCI and Celebrity, someone on the roll call has to do the leg work liaising with the Cruise Director on board, good luck with that. 

True if Meet a mingle are linked to CC. They do other get togethers on every cruise.

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

A number of years ago we attended an informal on board meet for Cruise Critic participants that a fellow member kindly arranged. It was mentioned in the Horizon paper and one chap (not a CC participant) turned up with a long list of complaints, assuming that we were professional cruise critics. He was corrected immediately, but decided not to miss the opportunity and so went through his list with us anyway and then left! In spite of this we enjoyed the meet very much and it was lovely to get to know some fellow CC members. 

Unfortunately, on subsequent cruises, these meet and mingles have been advertised on Facebook (something that I avoid like the plague) and, as a result, the entire venue fills up. Furthermore, someone takes it upon themselves to feel that people need to provide their real names in advance (not wise from an online security perspective) so that they can produce stickers with names on. As a result, we no longer go to them. 

I have been to many get togethers, most I have arranged. Never had name tags. I have heard about them on CC meet an mingles.