Talk to me about suites on Carnival

laumicmah

The list I included below is for the FTTF program but it lists which of the FTTF perks are also suite amenities. You can see what you get with a Carnival suite beyond a larger cabin:

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding
A dedicated security and check-in lane has been set aside for all Priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.  
Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations have access to the Captain’s Lounge.  

First Access to Stateroom
Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Priority Luggage
While we process thousands of bags, FTTF luggage will receive priority delivery.
Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Guest Services
Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone extension and line at Guest Services.
Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Dining Reservations
Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.
Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Water Shuttle Priority
You will have priority water shuttle service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.
Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Debarkation Choices
When it’s time to say good bye, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.
Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.
Edited by joepeka

It's pretty much just a bigger room, but they are usually a lot less expensive than NCL or Royal.  I think NCL has the best suite perks, at least for us.  We have booked one of the new aft cabana suites for next year on Panorama and I'm looking forward to trying the room.  What I always wish is that if the don't have a separate bedroom, at least they have a curtain you can pull to divide the living area from the bed.  It doesn't look like they do in the cabana rooms.  Again, it's much less expensive than our last NCL suite (almost 1/2 the price).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laumicmah said:

What are the perks of a suite? What is the difference between an ocean suite and a grand suite? Talking about on the Sunshine in particular. And it would be for 4 pax. TIA!

As mentioned....nothing like Royal Caribbean, HAL, NCL, Celebrity, or even Princess.  Included Carnival suite perks:

Priority embarkation and debarkation

VIP check in

Priority dining times

Two Bottles of water in cabin

One bag of laundry

Priority tender

Enhanced turndown service

In addition if in a GS on Horizon and Vista you have access to the Havana area.

I believe that's it

41 minutes ago, joepeka said:

The list I included below is for the FTTF program but it lists which of the FTTF perks are also suite amenities. You can see what you get with a Carnival suite beyond a larger cabin:

To be explicitly clear, Suite perks are NOT the same as FTTF or Platinum 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

To be explicitly clear, Suite perks are NOT the same as FTTF or Platinum 

True. I just listed the FTTF perks because they specifically call out those that are likewise suite perks. Carnival is very vague about suite amenities and this list is the best I've found which calls them out. There are also the laundry and bottled water items which aren't listed for suite guests.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, joepeka said:

True. I just listed the FTTF perks because they specifically call out those that are likewise suite perks. Carnival is very vague about suite amenities and this list is the best I've found which calls them out. There are also the laundry and bottled water items which aren't listed for suite guests.

dumb question, when it says "deluxe suite" is that any suite or specific suites?   i only ask because we have a suite booked for our upcoming cruise and it's an "ocean suite" but not sure if that is deluxe or not. 

We were in a Grand Suite on Valor last month and I was a little disappointed. I mean the extra room was very nice, and I loved the larger balcony with the lounger on it, but I feel like the service could have been a little better, or there needed to be something else special about it to justify the steep price.  Also we had 4 so we were using the pull out sofa bed and it was like sleeping in a bowl.  The mattress and springs were so terrible that I literally felt like I needed to tie myself to the side of the bed at night so I wouldn't roll down into the "hole".  This was an extreme disappointment because for the price I was paying, it was worse than a budget hotel room bed. 

The room steward did not seem to even give as good of service that we had gotten on our previous cruises.. I guess I was expecting maybe a little better service since we were paying premium dollar. 

We also bought FTTF because we wanted to be able to go to our room right away and for the money I think just getting a regular balcony room and getting FTTF is a better deal than spending money on the suite.  

For the price they charged for the suite, it seemed to me there should have been something more to it... seemed just like all of our other cruises, only just a bit more space, but a LOT MORE PRICE.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pyropoodle said:

dumb question, when it says "deluxe suite" is that any suite or specific suites?   i only ask because we have a suite booked for our upcoming cruise and it's an "ocean suite" but not sure if that is deluxe or not. 

It's a good question. Carnival's term "deluxe suite" applies to all suite categories, including the Ocean Suite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

As mentioned....nothing like Royal Caribbean, HAL, NCL, Celebrity, or even Princess.  Included Carnival suite perks:

Priority embarkation and debarkation

VIP check in

Priority dining times

Two Bottles of water in cabin

One bag of laundry

Priority tender

Enhanced turndown service

In addition if in a GS on Horizon and Vista you have access to the Havana area.

I believe that's it

What is ENHANCED TURNDOWN service?  We did not notice any extra service from our steward when we had a Grand suite this past summer... in fact I was a bit disappointed in that there was nothing special.  But now that I read it is supposed to have  had some kind of enhanced service, I am even more bent because we didn't get anything special done and I left extra tip. 😞

44 minutes ago, moongal said:

What is ENHANCED TURNDOWN service?  We did not notice any extra service from our steward when we had a Grand suite this past summer... in fact I was a bit disappointed in that there was nothing special.  But now that I read it is supposed to have  had some kind of enhanced service, I am even more bent because we didn't get anything special done and I left extra tip. 😞

Good question!  I'm thinking a piece of chocolate per person on pillow.  I'll know later in the year for sure!

For the price I think Carnival's suites are a great bargain but you have to have realistic expectations.

We've had wonderful service in them.  Thought the beds were fine.  Storage was awesome.  You are getting a bigger room, bigger bathroom, nicer finishes and a few priority perks.  True that there are not as many perks as other lines offer but on other lines the suites are so much more expensive.  You are paying quite a premium price for the "free suite perks" on other lines.

I'm not sure what counts towards the enhanced turn down.  I don't recall ever receiving chocolates.  Our steward did straighten and refresh the room at least 2 times a day.  

Edited by Purple_Pig
Added info.

One of the reasons we booked the Carnival Panorama was to compare it with our last NCL cruise (same Mexico route, just in reverse) as far as pricing goes.  The base price of the Panorama was about 1/2 that of the NCL ship, but with NCL booking perks, suite amenities, etc., the trip ended up being "all linclusive" - we even brought the 3 bottles of booze they give you with a suite home with us as we got the drinks package included in our fare.  I'm thinking that the price might end up being comparable after it's all over, but I won't know that until this time next year (we're on the Panorama over Valentine's week 2020).  I am looking forward to trying a brand new ship. I'm curious about the whole Havana thing, we love the Alchemy Bar (we think it's the best bar experience on the water right now) and the water park aspect with the bikes looks like fun.  NCL has spoiled us with their suite experience (the dedicated restaurant for the suite breakfast/lunch was so relaxing on a busy Christmas cruise) but we're not loyal to one line and like trying different things.  Oh, on the pillow mint thing, we haven't gotten those on any line in quite awhile.  I bring our own now :).

• Like 1