Difficulty transferring cruise to Travel Agent!

Baynanno1

We do not know what is going on!!!

We have done 25 Azamara cruises, most of which have been booked on board in Australian dollars and subsequently transferred to Australian Travel Agents without any difficulty.

For the past three weeks, we have been trying to transfer a cruise booked for early 2020 to the same Travel Agent to whom we have transferred our eight most recent Azamara cruises.

First attempt to transfer "there is not enough money owing on the cruise to transfer it" although previous cruises have been transferred with lower balances.

Apparently there is a new rule regarding minimum balance on transfers. A partial refund was arranged with Azamara so the transfer could go ahead.

All good we think and the transfer wheels are once again put in motion . . . .

This morning's email from an unnamed person in the Sales Administration department of  tradeau@rcclapac.com beggars belief! 

"Travel agency is not authorised to service bookings in a currency that is different from the currency the reservation was made in"

The cruise was booked on board Quest last month in Australian dollars and the Travel Agency is Australian, based in Queensland and dealing in Australian dollars.

(Yes, we do know the cruise could have been allocated directly to a Travel Agent at the time of booking, however, personnel are promoted, move on to other places or go on maternity leave and we prefer to speak with the agent who will be looking after us before we go ahead and make the transfer, as we have found in the past some replacement personnel have not suited us.)

Edited by Baynanno1
additional comment

I am just a little surprised that not one of the 135 people who have viewed my post have seen fit to comment.

Aside from that . . . all's well that ends well . . .

After eventually reaching a supervisor, we received another email from the Sales Administration department of  tradeau@rcclapac.com  with words to the effect of . . . ignore previous communication, it was a mistake. Again from an unnamed person. We did wonder whether staff from Guatemala had been transferred to this department! :classic_unsure:

Finally in this drawn out and needlessly stressful saga, I am pleased to report our cruise has been transferred! 😊

39 minutes ago, Deval said:

I didn’t respond since I have a fantastic TA that books all my trips.  Alls well that ends well!  Enjoy your trip.

Thanks.

Lucky you!

We book on board when we are able, as our loyalty level makes that quite worthwhile.

The TA was not the problem. The problems were due to the incompetence of personnel in the Sales Administration department of  tradeau@rcclapac.com through whom transfers must be processed.

3 hours ago, lovecruzin said:

I didn’t respond because I had nothing to say! Also in the US and dont know if different rules apply. Glad it worked out for you.

Thank you.

We have transferred many cruises without any problem, including our eight most recent Azamara cruises to the same TA.

The problems on this occasion were due to the incompetence of personnel in the Sales Administration department of  tradeau@rcclapac.com through whom transfers must be processed.