Earlier Arrival Appointment?

hlauburn

When I did online check in for our April cruise on the Glory, the earliest time available was 12:00-12:30.

I know some people were able to get 11:30-12:00, but I guess it filled up.  Do times ever open back up?

I know it's only 30 min, but I was curious if I should keep checking to see if we can get an earlier time.

Thanks!

Last year when we sailed Magic they didn't check your times and just gave out numbers.  There was a group ahead of us who had an hour later check-in time- I could see their documents.  And this was spring break- sold out ship.

Times won't open back up.  Carnival sets a "reasonable" number per each time slot that they think the ship/port can handle.

You are "free" to show up when you want to show up.  Maybe they let you in, maybe they don't.  The times are arrival times at the terminal NOT boarding ship times.  Boarding ship is dependent upon other things some, like inspection delays, out of Carnival's control.   If you show up before 10AM you may not find a porter willing to take you bags because they are still unloading or helping people off.  If you arrive around 1o:30 or 11, you may find the situation different, assuming the prior passengers were debarking soon after arriving in port.    If they make you wait in a line, you could be up front and inside the terminal before noon.  And you might be able to get a low boarding number.  But there will be a wait until your boarding number is called, and there may or may not be a wait at the check-in counter.  But it is essentially your call all the way around.  Just understand the rational behind the requested time to arrive at port.

I think that its a best guess to even the flow onto the ship. When cruising last year, sister and I had a 1200 check in time but by the time are flights arrived and we got to the port, it was only 11:00.  We expected to wait the hour but they waved us on in very politely and efficiently, so it may be that you can get lucky with your arrival time.  All they can make you do is wait until your appointed time. 

I can only speak to my experience in Jacksonville last week.  I was originally assigned 1:30-2. I checked every day and 12:30-1 opened up so I grabbed that.  Arrived at the port a little before noon.  The employees were checking times and put us in the longer line but we were still aboard quickly,  less than 30 minutes from curb to ship.