car seats rental cars around the port

bartleby112

So we normally drive to all our vacations.  But this time we are hoping to fly to Miami so we aren't spending 3 days in a car.  I'm not sure I want to pack 2 huge car seats and a booster seat onto the plane.  So the plan is  this......

Fly to Miami,  take a shuttle from airport to hotel (probably a bus, so no car seats anyway)

Shuttle from hotel to port (same as above)

Get off the ship, rent a car and hang out for a few days in florida.  So we would like to rent a car close to the port of Miami and then go visiting.  Have any of the families on this board rented cars in florida and gotten 2 car seats?  Were they terrible?  Did you have to call in advance?  i've looked online and haven't noticed anything about them.  Also what was the approx cost?

if you just take a moment to look through this board, you will find a ton of threads about car seats and transportation. In short - it's best not to rent seats, because you don't know their history - they could be expired, improperly cleaned, could have been in an accident and never replaced, they may not fit your child, etc.

A lot will depend on your children's ages, sizes and maturity. What are your kids' stats?

You can't use a booster on the plane anyway, but you can bring a no-back booster and store it under the seat or in the overhead compartment.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

• 2 weeks later...