Santa Barbara Beach Resort Day Pass....yay or nay?

Pier290

Spent the day at the Santa Barbara Beach and Golf Resort back in Dec., this was my 4th visit to Curacao, I will never go anywhere else when I visit this island, except this resort.

Buy your day pass through Resorts for a Day, $25(US) deposit. $94(US) balance when you get there. 

Best beach bar and restaurant in the Caribbean, Bloody Mary's and their signature drink the Santa Barbara Sunsets were Awesome.

Property is magnificent, only 5 star resort in the Caribbean and you can tell it. Staff and service were second to none, very pretty people. Swimming Pools were beautiful. Beach, water and overall vibe, best in the Caribbean. 

I've done everything on this island, when I go back I'll never waste my time or $$$ doing anything else. The day pass through Resorts for a Day at the Santa Barbara Beach and Golf Resort there is nothing else. Have an awesome time, we did. Take care Todd

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Spent the day at the Santa Barbara Beach and Golf Resort back in Dec., this was my 4th visit to Curacao, I will never go anywhere else when I visit this island, except this resort.

Buy your day pass through Resorts for a Day, $25(US) deposit. $94(US) balance when you get there. 

Best beach bar and restaurant in the Caribbean, Bloody Mary's and their signature drink the Santa Barbara Sunsets were Awesome.

Property is magnificent, only 5 star resort in the Caribbean and you can tell it. Staff and service were second to none, very pretty people. Swimming Pools were beautiful. Beach, water and overall vibe, best in the Caribbean. 

I've done everything on this island, when I go back I'll never waste my time or $$$ doing anything else. The day pass through Resorts for a Day at the Santa Barbara Beach and Golf Resort there is nothing else. Have an awesome time, we did. Take care Todd

Wow!!!!!

Thank u so much....it's pricey so I was hoping it would be fabulous.   I reserved our day in September!!!!  Can't wait.  Thanks again!! Jenn

1 hour ago, Pier290 said:

Wow!!!!!

Thank u so much....it's pricey so I was hoping it would be fabulous.   I reserved our day in September!!!!  Can't wait.  Thanks again!! Jenn

Yes, it is pricey and I weigh all that out. But unlike many day passes that aren't completely inclusive, this day pass includes great transportation(to the resort and back to the ship). I had 3 Bloody Mary's and 3 Santa Barbara Sunsets, straight up $20 a pop cocktails all included, I'm not one to get hammered, great buzz all day but not hammered, we left this place blistered in more ways than one. Drinks were fabulous. I was hammered when we left the resort, and so was everyone else.

For lunch I had the Ultimate Nachos and Mahi-Mahi tacos were AWESOME, included,  anything we wanted we got. Food was great.

This is important, go back to your right behind the Beach Bar and walk the beach, beach, water, sand is some of the nicest in the Caribbean.  Boardwalk about 75 ft. off shore that connects both ends of the beach it's genius. Walk it, I did, it's really something different and a really nice touch.

I tried to figure this place out, I walked out to the beach looked back at the hotel it's absolutely magnificent, here's what I came up with.

Swiss/Bavarian with a north African accent smothered in Southern Caribbean. I know that sounds crazy but that's the closest thing I can come up with to describe this place. 

Your in for a wonderful experience. You've made the wisest choice. 

I'm looking forward to reading your review, one last thing and this is the most important thing you can do when you get to the property. Go straight to the bar and get a Bloody Mary, right off the bat. The rest of the day will take care of itself. Hope that helps Todd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Yes, it is pricey and I weigh all that out. But unlike many day passes that aren't completely inclusive, this day pass includes great transportation(to the resort and back to the ship). I had 3 Bloody Mary's and 3 Santa Barbara Sunsets, straight up $20 a pop cocktails all included, I'm not one to get hammered, great buzz all day but not hammered, we left this place blistered in more ways than one. Drinks were fabulous. I was hammered when we left the resort, and so was everyone else.

For lunch I had the Ultimate Nachos and Mahi-Mahi tacos were AWESOME, included,  anything we wanted we got. Food was great.

This is important, go back to your right behind the Beach Bar and walk the beach, beach, water, sand is some of the nicest in the Caribbean.  Boardwalk about 75 ft. off shore that connects both ends of the beach it's genius. Walk it, I did, it's really something different and a really nice touch.

I tried to figure this place out, I walked out to the beach looked back at the hotel it's absolutely magnificent, here's what I came up with.

Swiss/Bavarian with a north African accent smothered in Southern Caribbean. I know that sounds crazy but that's the closest thing I can come up with to describe this place. 

Your in for a wonderful experience. You've made the wisest choice. 

I'm looking forward to reading your review, one last thing and this is the most important thing you can do when you get to the property. Go straight to the bar and get a Bloody Mary, right off the bat. The rest of the day will take care of itself. Hope that helps Todd

🍹🍸😎🌴

7 hours ago, miamilady305 said:

How long did it take to get to the resort from the cruise port. We are only there for 6 hours and they take you back 2 hours prior to boarding time. That's not much time . Just trying to see if it would be worth it.

They told me both at Shore Excursioneer and the hotel that it's about a 30 minute drive.

On 2/24/2019 at 6:42 AM, Pier290 said:

They told me both at Shore Excursioneer and the hotel that it's about a 30 minute drive.

Has anyone booked through Shore Excursioneer and completed their stay?  All the threads I saw everyone used resortsforaday. Shore Excursioneer says you get 7 hours at the resort vs 5 hours through resorts for a day.  My ship will be in port until 11pm so an extra 2 hours at the resort would be nice if anyone can confirm.

Edited by wilycoyote76
Clarity

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 7:42 AM, Pier290 said:

45-50 minute drive not real bad it's just the resort is on the other side of the island, worth the drive. Bring a drink Bloody Mary preferably, for the drive over, VERY nice tour bus. 

14 hours ago, TTEllis said:

45-50 minute drive not real bad it's just the resort is on the other side of the island, worth the drive. Bring a drink Bloody Mary preferably, for the drive over, VERY nice tour bus. 

We were just there last week, and it was 30 minutes each way. And only that long because there are so many speed bumps.

Of course, traffic conditions on any given day or time will vary.

Do this.. You won't regret it.

On 3/18/2019 at 5:39 AM, audome78 said:

We were just there last week, and it was 30 minutes each way. And only that long because there are so many speed bumps.

Of course, traffic conditions on any given day or time will vary.

Do this.. You won't regret it.

For one reason or another it took us about 45 minutes to get to the resort, and a little less to get back to the ship. 

My 4th time to this island I will never do anything else when I'm on Curacao except spend the day at this AWESOME resort. 

The Santa Barbara Beach and Golf resort ROCKS!!

5 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

For one reason or another it took us about 45 minutes to get to the resort, and a little less to get back to the ship. 

My 4th time to this island I will never do anything else when I'm on Curacao except spend the day at this AWESOME resort. 

This is awesome info!! We are so excited to go there in September!!!!!!!!🍸

2 minutes ago, Pier290 said:

This is awesome info!! We are so excited to go there in September!!!!!!!!🍸

September NICE!! Your in for a very memorable day, oh yeah don't forget about that Bloody Mary right off the bat. They're Bloody Mary's are scrumptious actually they're absolutely wonderful and so is the rest of the resort. Later Todd

4 hours ago, TTEllis said:

I am so glad you love this resort! But there is so much to do in Curaçao (you said you have been here 4 times and done everything), I have lived here for over a year after 6 visits (week long vacations and cruise stops) and still haven't "done everything" here lol.

Edited by bup1224
typo

On 3/21/2019 at 12:27 PM, bup1224 said:

I am so glad you love this resort! But there is so much to do in Curaçao (you said you have been here 4 times and done everything), I have lived here for over a year after 6 visits (week long vacations and cruise stops) and still haven't "done everything" here lol.

Let me rephrase that, I have done all the touristy stuff, I could stay on Curacao on a land based vacation at The Santa Barbara for 2 weeks and never see enough or spend enough time on the island. I've been doing this a long time, at a time when in the last several years some of the islands have gone by the wayside so to speak Curacao just keeps getting better and better this place is something special altogether. How NICE that you reside there!!

Yes I have been to Curacao 4 times on cruise vacations, nothing but fun from start to finish, GREAT bars!! Nice restaurant on the river, I had a wonderful dinner here with my cruise friends Adelle and Don, it was beautiful, island vibe is second to none anywhere in the Southern Caribbean and I have done them all. 

In 2013 I was walking in the back of town, walked into a very small bar(4 bar stools, really) that made the Best mojito's in the Caribbean and did!! Sat at the bar for a couple of hours and drank the Best mojito's in the Caribbean, it was awesome. The kid running his family bar couldn't have been in his early 20's, really made the effort when it came to making mojito's these were incredible. 

When I was on the beach at The Santa Barbara I haven't felt the sun that hot on any island in 20 years, it was something different. I'm not really sure what else I can tell you other than I love your home, have nothing but fun there and can't wait to keep coming back. If I were to do a land based vacation here in would at least 30 days, 2 weeks just piss me off, at least 30 days!!😊 I'll be back fall 2020, we'll get together promise, I'm still the party 30 years later!! Yep! Take care Todd

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TTEllis said:

Let me rephrase that, I have done all the touristy stuff, I could stay on Curacao on a land based vacation at The Santa Barbara for 2 weeks and never see enough or spend enough time on the island. I've been doing this a long time, at a time when in the last several years some of the islands have gone by the wayside so to speak Curacao just keeps getting better and better this place is something special altogether. How NICE that you reside there!!

Yes I have been to Curacao 4 times on cruise vacations, nothing but fun from start to finish, GREAT bars!! Nice restaurant on the river, I had a wonderful dinner here with my cruise friends Adelle and Don, it was beautiful, island vibe is second to none anywhere in the Southern Caribbean and I have done them all. 

In 2013 I was walking in the back of town, walked into a very small bar(4 bar stools, really) that made the Best mojito's in the Caribbean and did!! Sat at the bar for a couple of hours and drank the Best mojito's in the Caribbean, it was awesome. The kid running his family bar couldn't have been in his early 20's, really made the effort when it came to making mojito's these were incredible. 

When I was on the beach at The Santa Barbara I haven't felt the sun that hot on any island in 20 years, it was something different. I'm not really sure what else I can tell you other than I love your home, have nothing but fun there and can't wait to keep coming back. If I were to do a land based vacation here in would at least 30 days, 2 weeks just piss me off, at least 30 days!!😊 I'll be back fall 2020, we'll get together promise, I'm still the party 30 years later!! Yep! Take care Todd

Awesome Todd! I was wondering if you were a speed driver lol! Certainly message me when you are coming back, if we are free would love to meet you.

Yes, we are so fortunate to call Curaçao home, for us, exactly where we are supposed to be!

I'm so glad someone else understands why I love Curacao so much, much less someone who lives there. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed Princess offers they're Caribbean Circle 14 day run that we just did, Thanksgiving 2020. If that cruise or something very similar in the 14-20 day range is available, I'll find something, book it this summer during the Sip and Sail Sale.

Fall 2020 Itinerary's come out in about 90 days. I'll be there, we'll get together. That place is where I'm supposed to be for pete's sake!!😎 They did it, they figured it out. Yep!!

On 3/26/2019 at 1:03 PM, ValerieJo said:

Thanks for the review.  Looking to book for March 2020.   My only question is in regards to snorkeling.  Was there decent snorkeling from the beach?

Thank you. 

Excellent snorkeling from the beach!! The couple I was with brought there snorkeling gear, swim out to the boardwalk. Fish big one's everywhere, best snorkeling on the entire cruise. Have fun, we did. I'll be back at the Santa Barbara fall 2020. That was the first cruise in YEARS, I didn't bring my snorkeling gear because I was running tight on weight with my luggage, I wont do that again, I'll figure something out, but next cruise my snorkel bag comes with me. Later Todd

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Out ship does not get in till 1:30 is it still worth it to go? Also for anyone who has booked though resort for a day or shore excursioner if your that late to port (1:30) is transportation still included? Thank you for you help

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 3:11 PM, dstein12 said:

Out ship does not get in till 1:30 is it still worth it to go? Also for anyone who has booked though resort for a day or shore excursioner if your that late to port (1:30) is transportation still included? Thank you for you help

I'm not sure you can do this, if your ship ports at 1:30 that means you wont get to the resort until at least 2:30, by 2:30 the party is in FULL swing. Do the math if you can handle it go for it, but I wouldn't do it for $125.00. You may at that time have to provide your own transportation as well. I'm not sure about that. That's a lot of $$$, for just a couple of hours. Good luck Todd

On 4/7/2019 at 5:07 AM, beachgal58 said:

Sounds great!! Our ship doesn't arrive until 1pm, but we are in port until 11. We would like to go to the resort , is there shopping close to the port? We would like to do both.

Yes, GREAT shopping near port GREAT shopping in town walk over the bridge and go in town it's AWESOME, I think it's called Willemsted, I call it a wonderful time. Have fun Todd

On 4/7/2019 at 5:07 AM, beachgal58 said:

Sounds great!! Our ship doesn't arrive until 1pm, but we are in port until 11. We would like to go to the resort , is there shopping close to the port? We would like to do both.

Listen to what I'm trying to tell you, this time on Curacao with your ship porting at 11am don't worry about going to the resort. Go downtown right across the bridge, I walked this whole little quaint town, they call it Willemsted(I think), it's absolutely beautiful, incredibly inviting little city, bars and shopping are top-shelf, not only top-shelf, Curacao can be pricey but it's totally worth it. Spend your day walking around the city, you'll be glad you did, have dinner at one of the restaurants on the river we did it was wonderful. Good luck and have fun. Todd