Beer served on MSC out of Genoa

tony s

I did not take a photo of the pub menu when we were on two weeks ago on Meraviglia all I can say is the prices have increased a lot due to the revamping of the drinks packages. Here is a photo of the bottled beers available. 

BECA526B-7803-405D-A19F-16E7211AE56B.jpeg

Edited by heatherb1958

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Wow ... that means a bottle of beer will cost €7 if you don't have a package that covers it!  😱

Prices are certainly edging more into line with other cruise lines.

Tell me about it, if you are not on a package and have a  regular Gordon’s G&T it costs €7.50 plus 15% , on the Easy package menu for the same drink it is advertised as €6 incl gratuity !!

The psychology of looking at that situation makes people think more about buying the drinks package and it worked as we bought the Easy package for our next cruise though I wish we had waited to book with the current promotion. !! 

06FCCFD6-43F1-49DF-A9AC-465383D55F36.jpeg

Edited by heatherb1958

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

That's unfortunate.  Is there much of a difference (if any) in the cruise price between what you paid and the one with the included Premium package (usually the price goes up when they add in the "free" included packages)?

Cruise leaves on 4th March so not an option unfortunately. Life is  full of swings and roundabouts, I got a £300 price drop on a RCI Cruise so that paid for the MSC drinks package , more or less. 😆.

Edited by heatherb1958

2 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Wow you ask for Beer varieties  and you get all this response. LOL

I asked for soda pop varieties and I got nothing.

I'm not really a pop drinker but if I remember correctly from my las MSC cruise they carried coke products. Coke, coke light (diet coke) etc

10 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Wow you ask for Beer varieties  and you get all this response. LOL

I asked for soda pop varieties and I got nothing.

Ok, to balance things up a little , 😆.

The menus don’t actually list the sodas and I did not pay attention as the only ones we need are tonic for the gin or coke for the rum. 😆.

looking at this menu I realise I can have fresh squeezed OJ on the Easy package for my vodka as it is priced under €6, wow.

EA1C193D-0403-470F-9CC6-FCA9397D5772.jpeg

Edited by heatherb1958

45 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

The menus don’t actually list the sodas and I did not pay attention as the only ones we need are tonic for the gin or coke for the rum. 😆.

looking at this menu I realise I can have fresh squeezed OJ on the Easy package for my vodka as it is priced under €6, wow.

EA1C193D-0403-470F-9CC6-FCA9397D5772.jpeg

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

Heather ... I'll be very surprised if you can get OJ on the Easy package (I know you think it'll be included because it's below the price limit, but there are some items that are excluded, despite that fact).  It was only ever available on the Deluxe package, which has been replaced by the Premium one.

It's a subject that's been discussed on here before when people couldn't figure out why they couldn't have fancy coffees on their package, despite the price being below the price limit.  At least on ships where the onboard currency is in Euros, they used the asterisk system (which now seems to be replaced with this price limit arrangement that causes confusion).

On the issue of soda - it depends on in what region the ship is based what brands will be onboard.  We had CocaCola products on Armonia (Coke, Sprite, Fanta) and Canada Dry tonic.  Usually in the Med they have Pepsi products (Pepsi, 7Up) and Schweppes tonic (they sometimes have Coke, too).

Bea

Edited by Beamafar

16 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Heather ... I'll be very surprised if you can get OJ on the Easy package (I know you think it'll be included because it's below the price limit, but there are some items that are excluded, despite that fact).  It was only ever available on the Deluxe package, which has been replaced by the Premium one.

It's a subject that's been discussed on here before when people couldn't figure out why they couldn't have fancy coffees on their package, despite the price being below the price limit.  At least on ships where the onboard currency is in Euros, they used the asterisk system (which now seems to be replaced with this price limit arrangement that causes confusion).

I agree the asterisk system was much easier to follow . This card was widely on display on Meraviglia, old packages on the right , new ones on the left , I don’t mind being a guinea pig next week and testing the new system and will report back. 😆.

I was disappointed that they removed ice cream from the cheaper package but we love the coffee delights, san alcohol, we have them instead of dessert .  They are now included , according to the blurb , on the Easy package , they were priced €4.80 on Meraviglia.  We had the old Coffee Cuddle vouchers on Meraviglia , could not find a menu for them anywhere , grabbed a bar manager and had a long conversation with him, told him I was heading for Guest services to get a refund until he pointed to a solitary, solid menu on the Edge bar, happy 🐰 . Seems they are moving away from providing the Coffee Delights due to the chocolate shop/  cafe venue which was always empty !!!

Again, will test the system next week.

2D0935A8-F795-4622-9BB5-6CE3BC84236B.jpeg

0A468C01-2CA1-4A36-A61F-4EB73E7B870F.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

I agree the asterisk system was much easier to follow . This card was widely on display on Meraviglia, old packages on the right , new ones on the left , I don’t mind being a guinea pig next week and testing the new system and will report back. 😆.

Looking forward to hearing how you fare.  👍

32 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

I was disappointed that they removed ice cream from the cheaper package but we love the coffee delights, san alcohol, we have them instead of dessert .  They are now included , according to the blurb , on the Easy package , they were priced €4.80 on Meraviglia.  We had the old Coffee Cuddle vouchers on Meraviglia , could not find a menu for them anywhere , grabbed a bar manager and had a long conversation with him, told him I was heading for Guest services to get a refund until he pointed to a solitary, solid menu on the Edge bar, happy 🐰 . Seems they are moving away from providing the Coffee Delights due to the chocolate shop/  cafe venue which was always empty !!!

Again, will test the system next week.

2D0935A8-F795-4622-9BB5-6CE3BC84236B.jpeg

Says "fruit juices".  I wonder if anyone on-board has ever "pushed" the fresh squeezed juice exclusion. 

13 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

Says "fruit juices".  I wonder if anyone on-board has ever "pushed" the fresh squeezed juice exclusion. 

There's no point, STW.  The crew can only serve you what's included in your package without charging you.  "Fresh squeezed" is a premium product - it is what it is.

Even when we've have it included, we've had instances when it was difficult to get (in the Aurea area of the MDR AND in YC!)  The waiters had to get it in the buffet and bring it back, so we were told on occasion that it wasn't available.  However, they would always ensure that they had it for the next days, knowing that there was a demand for it.

There's no problem getting it in the buffet or in the MDR (where they usually go around selling it!)

Edited by Beamafar

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

There's no point, STW.  The crew can only serve you what's included in your package without charging you.  "Fresh squeezed" is a premium product - it is what it is.

Even when we've have it included, we've had instances when it was difficult to get (in the Aurea area of the MDR AND in YC!)  The waiters had to get it in the buffet and bring it back, so we were told on occasion that it wasn't available.  However, they would always ensure that they had it for the next days, knowing that there was a demand for it.

There's no problem getting it in the buffet or in the MDR (where they usually go around selling it!)

They actually go around the MDR hawking OJ?  OMG 🤣 "OJ! GET YOUR OJ HERE! FRESHLY SQUEEZED!"

It's academic to me, I generally don't drink juice as it spikes the blood sugar. I prefer to eat an orange. 

I also noticed there are price limits on the alcoholic packages not on the non-alcoholic package (which is what I may get). 

• 8 months later...