Choosing a right cabin

Zimasa

Typically those that would have an obstructed view have the majority of their view open with perhaps some ship superstructure interfering partially or a lifeboat visible in part or below.  They usually are also identified as such when you book them and often are lower priced, so you would know at the time of your booking if you had one with an obstructed view. You can also contact your travel agent if you booked through one or the cruise line directly and ask to confirm if you are in an obstructed view stateroom or not. 

If you are in one and it is before your final payment date and you do not have a restriction with your booking, most cruise lines will allow you to move to a different stateroom within the same category without a charge. (Some TA's may charge a fee for this, however).

If you go onto your cruise line web site and look at the deck plans for your ship you can also see the location and typically if it is obstructed there would be an icon with the stateroom that would indicate that.  In addition if you google your ship and stateroom number often images of the stateroom will be available to provide a picture of what the stateroom and view might look like.

And if you let us know your ship and stateroom number, someone here may be able to assist you with specific information as well.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

Have to agree with EM in that this stateroom does not have a balcony and is indicated as an obstructed view, apparently impacted by a lifeboat location.

I would contact whomever you booked through to discuss other stateroom options - in particular if you believe that this was to be a balcony stateroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

MSC Lirica Cabin # 7063
Category O1 - Bella Oceanview Stateroom
MSC Lirica - Category O1 - Cabin # 7063

Stateroom #:    7063
Category:    Category O1 - Bella Oceanview Stateroom
Description:    Bella Oceanview Staterooms have a picture window, two single beds that can be converted to a double bed, spacious wardrobe, desk, and bathroom with shower. Each stateroom also has a television, thermostat controlled air-conditioning, direct-dial telephone, mini bar, hair dryer, individual safe, and available internet connection. 

Who booked this cabin...you directly on the website or a Travel Agent that wasn't understanding what you wanted?

Contact the cruiseline directly or the travel agent based on who did the booking. 

Have a deck plan in front of you when you do !!

Im dealing with the MSC directly their offices are just 5km away from my house ...Woow its me and my agent tomorrow morning... cruisecritic yu are on point ,will deal with this ASP... even on the email they said a balcony is allocated to me. Thanks