meraviglia YC deck 15 forward facing suites

dbcolli

I am booked for the Dec. 8th sailing and would like to know from anyone who has been in one  are the balconies  too windy when at sea or other concerns.

Would love to see some pictures of the balcony.

Edited by dbcolli
added balcony

Are you talking about the corner Suite w/large balcony or the Duplex suites?  Actually, there are fairly recent reviews of both cabin types in this main forum.  I've been in the equivalent corner suite on Divina and still have one booked on Meraviglia.  Divina lacks the glass windscreens that Meraviglia has so it can be windy while the ship is moving.  It wasn't so bad the balcony was unusable, but you could easily lose a hat.  I expect Meraviglia will be better with the glass windscreens.  I had more of a problem with sun exposure as there was little/infrequent shade, Meraviglia has deeper balconies than Divina on those corner cabins so this should also be better.  You will find availability of the corner units is scarce so people evidently like them.  Cost of the Duplex units makes them a decent value only if you have four or more people, so they are more commonly available.

We are booked on 15004 on the Meraviglia for March 14th sailing. (Western Mediterrean)  These are Yacht Club Suites.

It is not the exact center but one over. I have seen pics with the partial glass on bottom part, and open at very top.  I booked for the views as we come into the ports.

Will post pics and reviews when we return.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2019 at 2:30 PM, phissy said:

We are booked on 15004 on the Meraviglia for March 14th sailing. (Western Mediterrean)  These are Yacht Club Suites.

It is not the exact center but one over. I have seen pics with the partial glass on bottom part, and open at very top.  I booked for the views as we come into the ports.

Looking forward to hearing  your review of the balcony

We have 15001 on Meraviglia October and are happy to see your pics.  I found some on google but very dark.  I think it is 15003.

IMG_1969.PNG

IMG_1970.PNG

IMG_1971.PNG

2 hours ago, phissy said:

Thanks for finding those pics.  Hopefully, I will be able to get some that are not as dark. I do see a space at the top of the glass for fresh air. Glass will keep wind down and make balcony more user friendly?

I had the same reservations you had regarding the wind on forward facing balcony but can’t find anyone’s experience with it and only found these old photos. I’m sure it’ll keep the wind off of us but what’s the wind sounds?  Will it be noisy inside while sleeping😬? Glad you will be kind enough to report back to us. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

This our cabin for December 6 2020. Do you have any pictures from your sailing? Did you enjoy the forward facing balcony?

The cabin is very dark. See how the glass is on the balcony. Glass was always very dirty as forward gets spray from waves and they cannot clean them manually. On side cabins , workers can clean the glass and upper half is open .  Upfront, machines are used and only once a week. Size and layout of cabin are very good. Really liked the shower in bathroom. Balcony is not so useful as they block full access with railing. 
we were actually upgraded to Royal Suite after 2nd day. In Mediterranean, embarkation is staggered , so RS was vacant from Marseille onward.  We loved the space but, shower in deluxe suite was larger and we did miss that.

enjoy your cruise.

17F8B1BA-64CA-4E03-B86C-A4F90880A489.jpeg

AF959029-6856-4EC9-92D1-6F4FE4B911E9.jpeg

4368074B-3287-4052-9AD7-AF1CB8ADD19A.jpeg