PLEASE GIVE NCL BLISS TIPS

lattegirl10

We will be cruising on the Bliss for Spring Break, and I am dying to find out if those who have cruised her recently have any tips for future cruisers.  Like I have read that they have discontinued straws, should I bring my own paper bio-disposable straws for my mudslide and other frozen drinks?  Is there something amazing to try at a certain restaurant ( Like people offer on Royal Caribbean with the Roast Beef Sandwiches at Park Cafe).... Any replies would be greatly appreciated? 

I was on Bliss in December.  The no straws really isn't that big of a deal, I think a lot on the boards make it a bigger issue than it actually is.  A few of my recommendations below:

• I'd definitely recommend Food Republic, definitely the coolest dining experience on the ship for me.  Try the Thai Rum Tonic while you're there, one of the best drinks I've ever had.
  • We also loved Ocean Blue.  Went twice while we were on board Bliss.
  • Loungers by the main pool and kids area are a hot commodity.  You will need to be on deck early (before 10) on sea days to get a halfway decent spot. 
  • If you can't get into the Cavern Club to see the Beatles show, don't sweat it.  They do it in the theater on the last day of the cruise.
  • Jersey Boys is great a)If you're from the NY/NJ area or b)If you're a fan of Frankie Valli's music.  I'm from NY and loved it, my wife is from FL and wasn't a fan.

Happy to answer any questions you might have!

• Like 1

We absolutely loved the Observation Lounge on Deck 15 forward. Great views, great bar and a convenient place to get continental breakfast and light lunches. Jersey Boys is fantastic, Havana just ok. Favorite specialty restaurant was Los Lobos but all the others were pretty good too. If you like beer, the District Brew House has dozens of beer on tap and just as many bottles. You’ll love the ship.

There are no midship elevators and the fore and aft elevators have interesting programming, to say the least. We eventually decided on the "elevator empty or sparse, get on!" method. Sometimes you ride up to get down. 

First thing in the morning when they open, the little crepe cafe Coco's on deck 6, a plain crepe or a little chocolate drizzled one: heaven and a charming ambience!

1 hour ago, Joeghartman said:

I will definitely be utilizing the observation lounge for my Alaska cruise, but are ther good views from inside the thermal spa too?

There are great aft views from the Spa. Totally glass enclosed.

Thanks everyone. Hopefully others will a.so provide tips. How about the Spa? We bought a week pass? Also, tips on wifi packages would be appreciated.  I plan on going to Walmart to get paper straws. 

Does the Local have daily dinner specials like on the Escape? Any Chicken and Waffles???

Straws - If you forget to bring one, or you have yours stolen (saw someone complaining about this on my cruise), go to Starbucks on board and order an iced drink. They still have them. Then you get a straw to reuse for yourself. 

I was on the Bliss in Alaska this past summer. I will be on her again in a couple of weeks.

One thing I did notice, if you try to make a reservation for something, let's say a comedy show, and its full... they have a stand by line usually. When someone with a reservation does not show up last minute they let you in. 

If you like craft beers, the "District Brew House" changes the taps to match the area they are in. When I was on it last time, it had lots of PNW and Alaska beer choices. I will be interested to see what they serve for Florida and or Caribbean. 

I know I did not see everything on board, and I have lots more exploring to do on my next cruise. 

Amazon has collapsible silicone straws that with a carrying case that can be clipped on to a belt loop, purse or even attached to a lanyard. I ordered the pack of 4 that each container had it's own straw and cleaning brush. I prefer straws over drinking from glass but to each his/her own 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

If you're a fan of guacamole, Los Lobos doesn't disappoint. We went there on a few occasions JUST for the guacamole. 

Tip: give yourself plenty of time. They make it table side which allows you to really customize based on your preferences (go easy on the jalapeno, etc.), but the downside is that there are 1-3 carts to accommodate all the orders. We thought we would squeeze it in as an appetizer before our dinner at cagneys one night, and we were late to dinner. It took an hour to order, get the guacamole, eat and close out. 

Also, make your go-cart/laser tag reservations early on in the cruise. The crowds with unlimited passes beat us to the punch and we ended up with a 7pm go-cart reservation on the last night of the cruise. We thought we would get right on when the ship was empty/at port, but it turns out the track isn't open until way later. That was disappointing for us. 

One other thing - do your best eating before you do the "ocean loops" water slide that goes out over the water. More often than not, people weren't heavy enough to make it to the end. 1-2 guacamoles at Los Lobos and 2-3 hot chocolates at Cocos should do the trick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Whenever you spot people sleeping in the Observation Lounge

I don't get this - you have a perfectly-serviceable bed in your private room, USE IT.  I may have my face buried in a screen reading, but I peek my head up periodically and want a nice view...

• Like 1

the district was great with the piano man.  He is  someone who who sings and plays to the crowd, jokes etc.  I can not remember his name but he was on the Bliss for the Thanksgiving cruise and he plans on being on the Encore for next Thanksgiving as well.  If anyone remember his name please let me know so I can find out where he is at now,  we will be on the Breakaway in April.

On 2/19/2019 at 3:18 PM, Lupush said:

I was on Bliss in December.  The no straws really isn't that big of a deal, I think a lot on the boards make it a bigger issue than it actually is.  A few of my recommendations below:

• I'd definitely recommend Food Republic, definitely the coolest dining experience on the ship for me.  Try the Thai Rum Tonic while you're there, one of the best drinks I've ever had.
  • We also loved Ocean Blue.  Went twice while we were on board Bliss.
  • Loungers by the main pool and kids area are a hot commodity.  You will need to be on deck early (before 10) on sea days to get a halfway decent spot. 
  • If you can't get into the Cavern Club to see the Beatles show, don't sweat it.  They do it in the theater on the last day of the cruise.
  • Jersey Boys is great a)If you're from the NY/NJ area or b)If you're a fan of Frankie Valli's music.  I'm from NY and loved it, my wife is from FL and wasn't a fan.

Happy to answer any questions you might have!

Great tips!! How do you get into the Beatles show on the last day of the cruise? Do you remember what time it was at?

Thanks! 

Just off the Bliss.  Beatles main theater show was earlier in the week for our cruise, I think Wednesday, I'll check tonight and confirm day/time.  No problem getting in, no reservations, we just showed up about 20 min early.  It was a great show in the theater but seeing them in the Cavern Club is even better.   We found the best way to get a good seat in the Cavern Club is to go to the late show, but be there right when the early show ends.  As soon as that crowd is out  head on in, grab a seat and have a drink.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, kkelle17 said:

Great tips!! How do you get into the Beatles show on the last day of the cruise? Do you remember what time it was at?

Thanks! 

No reservations are taken for that show, it's first come first seated.  If I remember correctly it was at 7pm and 9pm on the last night.  

• Like 1