(High) Tea and Chocolate Extravaganza

TwinMommyByGrace

I will be on 2 different cruises this summer, one leaving June 30th on Oosterdam to Alaska and one in July on Zaandam for a NE/Canada cruise.  I was on the Eurodam last May and they did not do the Chocolate Extravaganza.  I assumed because it was only a 5 night cruise but now I'm wondering if they've completely done away with it.  Also, the afternoon tea was not served in the mdr.  It was served in one of the lounges, with very little seating and the service wasn't great because of the amount of people in such a small space.  Has anyone been on either the Oosterdam or Zaandam recently and would know if they still do the chocolate extravaganza and where the afternoon tea was served? Also, do they still elevate it to a high tea once per cruise? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide!

We were on the Oosterdam in August, the Chocolate Extravaganza was a chocolate buffet served by waiters walking around the music walk area one evening, lots of chocolate dipped marshmallows and goodies, mini cupcakes, chocolate candies etc, plenty for everyone. High tea was served in the MDR a few times during our cruise

We were on the Rotterdam and  Veendam over the holidays. Both times they did tea in the MDR. We missed the tea in the lounge on the Zaandam. It was more intimate.   The tea overall was better on the Z. on both the Rotterdam and Veendam I wanted to go back to the galley and show the pastry chef how to make the deserts properly, and my baking training consists mostly of my father teaching me and watching Great British Bake Off.  One desert that should have had marzipan had fondant 🤢