Passenger Choir on QM2

babscruiser

Before we embarked, I had asked the Message Board whether there were passenger choirs on the QM2,  just as they were on QE and QV.     I never received a definitive answer to my question. 

Having just returned from our QM2 cruise, we can report that there were passenger choirs on both segments of our trip (Transatlantic Crossing and then Southampton to Dubai).

Each one was ably conducted by Andrew, one of the pianists on the ship.   The Crossing choir had around 50 members and the Southampton to Dubai segment had closer to 70 members!

We sang songs from Scotland, England, Ireland & Wales and even we Americans and Canadians were able to learn the full selection of tunes.  

You should all try joining the chorus on your next cruise.          Happy singing and sailing.    Barbara  from the U.S.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report, Barbara.

The new Cunard website does now list the "Guest Choir" as an included daytime activity. On the US website, this is one of the many rough spots though as can be seen from this screen shot.

image.thumb.png.f50b702717ae0e3fa5398fcea00ef654.png

The UK web site is a bit more helpful, simply stating "Join our guest choir whilst onboard."

The choir performance is usually on the last afternoon before the end of the cruise, or, in the case of the World Cruise, the day before the end of a segment.  Our concerts were in the Grand Lobby, but in some cruises the have been in the Theater or in the Queens Room. 

In addition, Cunard cruises have a sing a long open to everyone at least once per cruise. 

• 5 years later...
On 2/20/2019 at 8:35 AM, babscruiser said:

Before we embarked, I had asked the Message Board whether there were passenger choirs on the QM2,  just as they were on QE and QV.     I never received a definitive answer to my question. 

Having just returned from our QM2 cruise, we can report that there were passenger choirs on both segments of our trip (Transatlantic Crossing and then Southampton to Dubai).

Each one was ably conducted by Andrew, one of the pianists on the ship.   The Crossing choir had around 50 members and the Southampton to Dubai segment had closer to 70 members!

We sang songs from Scotland, England, Ireland & Wales and even we Americans and Canadians were able to learn the full selection of tunes.  

You should all try joining the chorus on your next cruise.          Happy singing and sailing.    Barbara  from the U.S.

We loved the guest choir on the QE. Highlight of our seadays 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 7:38 PM, inekee said:

We loved the guest choir on the QE. Highlight of our seadays 

I had a great time singing in the choir a few years ago. I agree, it really is one of the things that makes Cunard special! Although I'm not sure that it was the best song to sing, but we were about to hit the COVID crisis.

• Like 1