Sapphire Princess - size of safe in Stateroom

IDB37

I have not measured the safes but I am pretty sure they would not be large enough. But, why put a laptop in the safe? You can leave the laptop and any other valuables on the desk and no-one will touch them. We leave our's out all the time. All the stewards have their own laptops and wouldn't risk their jobs by taking one. If something is taken, Security can check who had access to the room.  If a staff member is found to have stolen something, he/she would lose their job and have to pay their own way home. They would never get another job on any cruise line. Having said that, to be sure, we put cash, jewellery and passports in the safe.🙂 If you are concerned, I suggest you put your laptop in the cupboard.

Edited by Aus Traveller

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have not measured the safes but I am pretty sure they would not be large enough. But, why put a laptop in the safe? You can leave the laptop and any other valuables on the desk and no-one will touch them. We leave our's out all the time. All the stewards have their own laptops and wouldn't risk their jobs by taking one. If something is taken, Security can check who had access to the room.  If a staff member is found to have stolen something, he/she would lose their job and have to pay their own way home. They would never get another job on any cruise line. Having said that, to be sure, we put cash, jewellery and passports in the safe.🙂 If you are concerned, I suggest you put your laptop in the cupboard.

That's very true but some people have had items disappear from their rooms occasionally. I still don't worry about things like that since the chances of it happening are slim to none.

Just off the Sapphire.  Your laptop won't fit in the safe but we had no problems keeping it in a drawer.  Same with our iPad and cell phones.  We used the safe for our cash, credit cards, and jewelry only which fit nicely but it's not meant for larger items.

Edited by azbirdmom