Mereviglia Jan 31st Barcelona Med Adventure

davenew

Just getting over myworst cruise ever. I contracted food poioning on the secondevening (Marseilles) and spent the next 36 hours in the cabin. After the bout of extreme S&D, I did not eat again during the 7 day cruise. We both then contacted the boat cough, sore throat and cold, to which considerable numbers seemed to suffer. 

We also had the classic drinks package (purchased pre cruise). It was during onboard negotiations re this, as we were only purchasing water, that I was informed by Guest Services, that we had “spent” more than we thought.

The system of ordering on board has now gone electronic, with a handwritten signature - no receipts given!!

I then ask for copies of all my receipts. Shock horror!! - I find that my water bills had been loaded with drinks that we had not purchased.

The response from GS was negative, virtually calling me a liar. I was also told, that as I had “purchased” packages pre cruise, they had no powers to negotiate.

not a pleasant experience this time, and it will probably be our last, despite being status matched to Black.

Punters beware!!

We were on the same cruise and had a completely different experience to yours , sorry to hear things did not go well for you. 

We did not have a drinks package but the old wine bottle and water package . 

I checked my onboard account everyday on my iPad in the app. We had one discrepancy, charged for a mixed drink when I had a straight spirit, the difference was only €1 plus gratuity but there was a principle, hate being charged  for something I did not have. They were able to produce a paper copy of the electronic receipt I had signed on the machine, there was more than one drink and I could see straight away where the error had occurred. 

We always had to ‘sign’ the machine for our wine bottles and water 

and I always checked it was a zero before signing it. 

Technology can be great but is open to abuse by those who know how to do it.

Edited by heatherb1958
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 3:51 PM, cruiser man 60 said:

Sorry to hear of your experiences, sounds a nightmare. if you had the classic drinks package there should have been no extra costs as alcoholic drinks included wether or not you had signed for them.

did they remove any spurious charges?

There were no extra costs as you put it, but I dont like the practice of “loading” your account with drinks I havent had.