Falmouth/Montego Bay question

Mario842

Hello everyone. I'm not a first-time cruiser but going for the first time on cruise in the Caribbean and looking forward to it :classic_happy:
We (party of 2) are taking the novembre 3 Harmony Western Caribbean Cruise and would like some help with an excursion from the Falmouth port.

We would like to do some sight-seeing but also like to have so free time in Montego Bay to do some shopping.

After looking in the cruise planner we (maybe) found 2 possible excursions:

- Falmouth an Montego Bay at leisure

- Essence of Montego Bay

Wich one would you recommend for us or are there other excursions who maybe more suitable foor our "needs"?

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

Too far from the port for my comfort level...😁

Then hunker down on the ship and don't experience where you're travelling :classic_rolleyes:

We booked a trip to Montego Bay beach thru Viator a couple years ago (Doctors Cave I believe).  It was cheap and very reliable transportation.  Would do it again.

2 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Then hunker down on the ship and don't experience where you're travelling :classic_rolleyes:

We booked a trip to Montego Bay beach thru Viator a couple years ago (Doctors Cave I believe).  It was cheap and very reliable transportation.  Would do it again.

Since we have been to Falmouth at least 6-8 times now that is exactly what we plan to do. 

Thank you for your advice...😉😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mario842 said:

Hello everyone. I'm not a first-time cruiser but going for the first time on cruise in the Caribbean and looking forward to it :classic_happy:
We (party of 2) are taking the novembre 3 Harmony Western Caribbean Cruise and would like some help with an excursion from the Falmouth port.

We would like to do some sight-seeing but also like to have so free time in Montego Bay to do some shopping.

After looking in the cruise planner we (maybe) found 2 possible excursions:

- Falmouth an Montego Bay at leisure

- Essence of Montego Bay

Wich one would you recommend for us or are there other excursions who maybe more suitable foor our "needs"?

Mario, could you provide a description of the excursions.  Since we are not currently booked on a cruise, I can't look the excursions that you are contemplating.

20 hours ago, gatour said:

Mario, could you provide a description of the excursions.  Since we are not currently booked on a cruise, I can't look the excursions that you are contemplating.

Ofcourse :classic_smile:

Essence of Montego Bay:

Stop at the entrance to an 18th century great house, learn of Annie Palmer the white witch and stroll the Hip Strip in Montego Bay. Travel to Montego Bay and stop for a photo at the entrance of the historic Rose Hall Great House, former home of the famed Annie Palmer, the white witch of Rose Hall who had killed and buried her three husbands on the land and then planted a Palm Tree for each of them. After a short ride, you will be taken to the entrance of the White Witch Golf Course. A photo opportunity where you will experience a panoramic view of the lush surroundings. Continue to Montego Bay and walk along the famous Hip Strip. Stop at Doctor’s Cave Beach for relaxation, optional lunch and a swim in the warm Caribbean Sea. Enjoy shopping for In Bond, Designer Merchandise and Duty free Items. On your return to the pier your guide will give you a narrated tour on the history of Montego Bay. FYQ6

Falmouth and Montego Bay at leisure:

See the sights from Falmouth to Montego Bay at your own pace on this guided scenic tour. You'll tour historic Falmouth and drive by the ***** and Rose Hall Great Houses, luxury hotels, beaches, and the homes of the rich and famous as you arrive in Mobay. Enjoy two hours of free time exploring the Hip Strip, Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, or swimming in the therapeutic waters of Doctor's Cave Beach.

"Falmouth and Montego Bay at leisure"

We did this or something very similar. It was fine, did some drive-by of sundry nice houses and estates, landmarks ( Usain Bolt's Elementary School )  then dropped off in Montego Bay.

Much smaller than the hype suggests. Wandered around, minimal sales pressure, then ended up at Margaritaville for lunch and enjoyed the "show" put on by younger revellers 🙂

On 2/21/2019 at 6:08 PM, LeeW said:

If you go to Montego Bay for shopping you are going to be disappointed.  Better shopping at the pier.is a bit of a "must do"

Actually, i'm a Hard Rock pin collector so Montego Bay is a bit of a "must do" for us :classic_wink:

And i heard the Falmouth pier is small.

On 2/22/2019 at 8:27 AM, pspercy said:

"Falmouth and Montego Bay at leisure"

We did this or something very similar. It was fine, did some drive-by of sundry nice houses and estates, landmarks ( Usain Bolt's Elementary School )  then dropped off in Montego Bay.

Much smaller than the hype suggests. Wandered around, minimal sales pressure, then ended up at Margaritaville for lunch and enjoyed the "show" put on by younger revellers 🙂

So it seems the "Essence of Montego Bay" can be a better option to see some sights.
Or as suggested in an other topic, a private tour.

1 hour ago, Mario842 said:

Actually, i'm a Hard Rock pin collector so Montego Bay is a bit of a "must do" for us :classic_wink:

And i heard the Falmouth pier is small.

Aha - the REAL reason for going there!

Falmouth pier area is larger than shopping area in Montego Bay.  Of course when we went the dead horse in the front yard of a house a block from "downtown" did turn us off a bit.

Your tour or a private tour might be the only way to get there.  Cab would likely cost more.  Mo Bay area doesn't have a lot to see, although there is a zip line/river tubing operation just above town.

• Thanks 1