How important are reservations?

Doylestown5518

Hello All,

Sailing the Wind 3/10-17th with another couple and have never sailed with SS - how important are dinner and excursion reservations.  I tend to eat in the mood I'm in and prefer not to decide 3 wks prior to sailing where I want to eat - I figure we can always have appetizers in the room and decide from there.

Also we have a large credit to use on ship but can't use it to book excursions until on the ship.  I understand if there is a specific excursion we REALLY want we many not want to risk it by waiting otherwise how tough is it to get on an excursion?  Thanks to all those with experience on SS

I've never had any problem with booking reservations for excursions and paying with OBC. You never have to pay for the excursions until settling the bill at the end of the cruise.

Are you using my.silversea to select the excursions? What makes you think you cant book and pay using OBC?

Generally I think most people use OBC for excursions, any restaurant bookings and better wine. It can also be used is the boutique. 

Restaurant reservations - La Dame can and often does become fully booked prior to sailing. That said it doesnt mean there wont be cancellations, but if you do struggle with a place, it will be in there. (So if if do want to eat there I would advise to make your reservation. La Terrazza and the Grill can get full - but personally Ive not had too much problem even with a booking the night before. Obviously the MDR needs no booking. 

Agree with Les... you can book all the excursions you want at this time.  There is absolutely no need to wait until you board the ship.

I would imagine La Dame is probably already fully booked.  However, like Les said, cancellations do happen.  Most often you’ll find availability later in the cruise.  However, with your voyage so short, it may be quite difficult to get a table.

I've booked a few shore excursions using my OBC for this same cruise. Actually when you book via my.silversea they don't ask for payment so the cost is automatically charged to your ship board account. You can either use your OBC or if you don't have one,  pay via credit card to settle your on board account at the end of the cruise. You can see all the excursion availability online and it will note how many spaces are available for each.

I also made dinner reservations each night just to have something in place, because we will likely dine more often in La Terrazza or the Grill than at the Restaurant. But that depends on your dining preferences (inside vs outside) and flexibility if a reservation required dining venue is booked for the times that you want to dine.

Enjoy the cruise.