Connexxion - Schiphol Hotel Shuttle

wandergal

Can you tell me how reliable the Connexxion - Schiphol Hotel Shuttle is ?  We will be arriving at Schiphol after an overnight flight from Washington DC and need transportation to Movenpick Hotel.  I know there are many option for transport, but we are a group of six adults and one is disabled and will have a (foldable) wheelchair.  So, after a long flight, we will be looking for the easiest transport to our hotel.  Connexxion Hotel Shuttle's cost seemed reasonable and an easy way to get from the airport to the hotel.  Any advice?  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, wandergal said:

Can you tell me how reliable the Connexxion - Schiphol Hotel Shuttle is ?  We will be arriving at Schiphol after an overnight flight from Washington DC and need transportation to Movenpick Hotel.  I know there are many option for transport, but we are a group of six adults and one is disabled and will have a (foldable) wheelchair.  So, after a long flight, we will be looking for the easiest transport to our hotel.  Connexxion Hotel Shuttle's cost seemed reasonable and an easy way to get from the airport to the hotel.  Any advice?  Thanks. 

My experience with this kind of shuttle (not this one particularly; I used the train in Amsterdam) is that they wait until they are full before they leave. With 6 adults I would prebook private transportation.

I appreciate your responses, but we will have a wheelchair, luggage and 6 people  - too much for a taxi.  As I understand, these shuttles hold 8 people, so with 6 adults, luggage and a wheelchair, we will probably fill up a shuttle.

Just now, wandergal said:

I appreciate your responses, but we will have a wheelchair, luggage and 6 people  - too much for a taxi.  As I understand, these shuttles hold 8 people, so with 6 adults, luggage and a wheelchair, we will probably fill up a shuttle.

Schipol taxi is  a big  van  we had 6 people  plus luggage  from the port to AMS   no problem

I have used them several times

On 2/20/2019 at 5:04 PM, LHT28 said:

Schipol taxi is  a big  van  we had 6 people  plus luggage  from the port to AMS   no problem

I have used them several times

Do you by chance remember how much luggage you had? I see on their website that it says that they charge extra for more than 2 pieces of luggage per person. I emailed them to ask how much extra it would be and was told that they would tell me when they picked me up. 

Just now, qoap24 said:

Do you by chance remember how much luggage you had? I see on their website that it says that they charge extra for more than 2 pieces of luggage per person. I emailed them to ask how much extra it would be and was told that they would tell me when they picked me up. 

we each had 1 large bag & 1 carry-on 

I checked their website  for private transfer

You are allowed 1 suitcase & 1 hand luggage in the base fare

14 hours ago, LHT28 said:

we each had 1 large bag & 1 carry-on 

I checked their website  for private transfer

You are allowed 1 suitcase & 1 hand luggage in the base fare

Thank you. I will have 3 pieces. Now just trying to decide if we use them or another company. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if you have to make a reservation for Connexxion Schiphol Hotel shuttle or if you can purchase a ticket inside the airport. If you can, do you know if it cash only?  Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2019 at 10:21 AM, qoap24 said:

Can anyone tell me if you have to make a reservation for Connexxion Schiphol Hotel shuttle or if you can purchase a ticket inside the airport. If you can, do you know if it cash only?  Thanks

You can make a reservation prepaid or buy in airport