October Sailing Halloween Costumes

BeakerR

I will be sailing on the Magic, Oct 20-26, 2019.  Has anyone sailed in October before, non Halloween week, and have any info regarding how Costume Dress-Up night works?  Is it only 1 night?  Do you dress-up for dinner, etc.?  Thank You!

I've cruised on 2 Halloween Costumes, I 💛💛💛 Halloween!!  Now, when you consider how many cruisers are on any given ship, I'm going to take a wild guess that not a large amount of folks dress up. Based solely on my measly 2 experiences.  So, if standing out a wee bit is no big deal ?  🎃👻😻

I thought I had another photo of the year before, but I don't see it.   Anyway, in 2017 here's my Mom (witch) and me (In 'n Out Burgers).

The ship has blow up figures placed here 'n there 🤗🤗 too!

💀🎃 Bobbi

IMG_5887.JPG

• Like 1

We have been on a number of Halloween cruises and are happy they are again doing it in every cruise for all of October again . I can tell you that lots of people do dress up for it and they have lots of activities. You can dress for dinner and have fun the whole night .We just booked the magic in October and look forward to the Halloween party

• Like 1

Love Halloween cruises! On our cruises Carnival and RCI many folks dressed up! Some in quite elaborate costumes. Even many of those who did not wear a full costumes, did wear Halloween T-shirts. Saw several ladies with the Halloween hats you clip in your hair. 

Edited by Cinders411

• 4 weeks later...

I will be on the Inspiration Halloween cruise 2019. I am really looking forward to dressing up! We plan on having multiple costumes, celebrating Halloween the entire cruise. Most posts I have seen makes me think there will not be many people dressing up until Halloween night, but I am okay being more festive than others. Have fun and do what makes you happy!

Thanks for the video and tips for Halloween cruises! 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 10:24 AM, Cinders411 said:

Love Halloween cruises! On our cruises Carnival and RCI many folks dressed up! Some in quite elaborate costumes. Even many of those who did not wear a full costumes, did wear Halloween T-shirts. Saw several ladies with the Halloween hats you clip in your hair. 

We were on a Halloween cruise last year & only wore t-shirts instead of a costume. We didn't want the typical jack and coke t-shirts, so we did jager, and bomb.  

• Like 1

Cu92688,

The photo I posted of me & my Mom were on the Inspiration. I know the Inspiration & Imagination are sister ships. But, I tend to book the Ins.  I like the M-Th 4 day cruises. Well, I prefer 7 days ... lol .... but I'll "force" myself to have FUN on any length of cruise!!

I'm going on the Dream in a couple weeks!  Our son is living my dream job, he's on the Fun Squad. 🤗🤗. He'll be working of course, but he's requested an afternoon off so we can go on an excursion in Playa Del Carmen. Can you tell I'm super excited!!!

😁😁 Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18
  • Like 1

Our very first cruise was in 2014, Halloween week....wow, were we surprised by all the costumes!!!  Most people did not dress up at dinner, but after dinner for the Lobby party then to the Costume Contest in main theatre...  It was a hoot.  Some families dressed up in themes, check out my photos.  My favorite was the whole cast of Peter pan.

2014_Halloween362-L.jpg

It was not just kids....it was everyone.  I bet 30-40% of passengers were dressed up.

2014_Halloween383-L.jpg

Winners of the Costume Contest was a tie....Edward Scissorhands and Cheech & Chong.

2014_Halloween396-L.jpg

whole ship was decorated.

2014_HalloweenMagic_18-L.jpg

• Like 1

Lots of folks dressed up on the Dream last year.  They even had a special background for a pic.  It was all green, I think, but after the pic was printed there was a grim reaper with lighting bolts standing behind you and another with a creepy pirate ship.  They were pretty cool.  So of course I had to buy them!  LOL

• Like 1