New to Seadream. Question about “removable wall”

Christi209

We have just booked Seadream II for a November 2019 Caribbean cruise. I booked a deck 2 cabin as I wanted to be on the lowest deck to minimize motion ( we have previously only sailed on larger ships but really want to experience a yacht vacation).  I booked cabin 210.  In reading through some of these posts I read about a “ removable wall” that some cabins have, allowing them to be converted to a suite.  How do I find out if my cabin is one of these? If it is how problematic will that be in terms of added noise?  I could not see any difference in the deck plan diagrams when booking but in a google search I found another website which  listed cabin 210  as a commodore suite so now I’m thinking it is one of the removable wall cabins.  Is there a different cabin I should request ( although it’s now showing deck 2 as waitlisted).  If someone can give me guidance about which cabins do not have a removable wall I would greatly appreciate it!

You should avoid a stateroom such as 210 that is convertible to a commodore suite as those are the ones with a removable wall.  Early on in our many happy years on SeaDream we mistakenly had such a room and noisy neighbors so it can be a problem.  The information is clearly shown on the SeaDream web site.  Click on “Yachts” on the home page then the deck plan tab.  The commodore convertible rooms are shown with crosshatch shading.  Note about half the rooms on deck 2 are convertible.  We’ve been on all 3 decks over the years and frankly didn’t notice a difference as to motion.  We prefer deck 3 because it is more centrally located but that’s just us.  Enjoy!

We have stayed in 210 in the past.  Yes, you can hear your neighbors.  Unless they are rowdy in the cabin it is not that bad.  The beds are a bit smaller I believe and there is a difference in the shelf/drawer at the foot of the bed.  I have had feet hang over the end of the bed since about 14 so not a big deal but yes, there is a difference between the "convertibles" and standard cabins.  I agree with other posters that motion is not really a factor and have stayed on all 3 decks.  One voyage on SDI we were aft on 2 deck and had noise problems from engine room mechanicals.  But that's about it.

4 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

We have stayed in 210 in the past.  Yes, you can hear your neighbors.  Unless they are rowdy in the cabin it is not that bad.  The beds are a bit smaller I believe and there is a difference in the shelf/drawer at the foot of the bed.  I have had feet hang over the end of the bed since about 14 so not a big deal but yes, there is a difference between the "convertibles" and standard cabins.  I agree with other posters that motion is not really a factor and have stayed on all 3 decks.  One voyage on SDI we were aft on 2 deck and had noise problems from engine room mechanicals.  But that's about it.

Hi Jim 🙂

I just canceled our Ritz Yacht cruise and again booked SD1 for Nov 2020. I sure hope the old gal is still kicking and cruising by then.

18 minutes ago, portofinoitaly said:

Hi Jim 🙂

I just canceled our Ritz Yacht cruise and again booked SD1 for Nov 2020. I sure hope the old gal is still kicking and cruising by then.

Hi Contessa,

Yes, we can hope.  If they would just put new engines in and ban kids SD would be perfect.🍸

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

If they would just put new engines in and ban kids SD would be perfect.🍸

Jim, on our Cuba cruise we had a discussion with someone in management regarding the engines. He said that the engines on both the I and the II are effectively new engines - everything has been replaced. I know nothing about this topic and you could tell me anything and have me believe it, but I consider this gentleman a credible source. So tell me Jim, could this be accurate or am I a prime candidate to purchase swampland in Florida?

31 minutes ago, Zimmy said:

Jim, on our Cuba cruise we had a discussion with someone in management regarding the engines. He said that the engines on both the I and the II are effectively new engines - everything has been replaced. I know nothing about this topic and you could tell me anything and have me believe it, but I consider this gentleman a credible source. So tell me Jim, could this be accurate or am I a prime candidate to purchase swampland in Florida?

Hi Zimmy.  Sorry, we sold all our swampland in FL but I can sure fix you up with some great desert.  Perfect for raising tumbleweed.  I hear ground tumbleweed is the new spice of the day at the high end Chicago restaurants.  And besides, why are you and Trapper not down here?  Everyone else in Chicago is here along with the Cubbies and Spring Training.  As to the engines.  I once had a client claim a major overhaul when the facts were new injectors and an oil change.  Without seeing a list of all the parts replaced and services done I would not be able to comment other than the only thing that qualifies as a "new engine" is, you guessed it, a new engine.....🍸

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

Hi Contessa,

Yes, we can hope.  If they would just put new engines in and ban kids SD would be perfect.🍸

I never book a cruise during Holidays so not worried about the kids on this one. Early Nov St. Martin to Barbados. Good thing I happen to like antiques....;-)