our travel agent indicated this was an excellent cabin with excellent views

looking at reviews and a a YouTube clip, I am starting to have a few doubts 

my concerns are;

overhang from deck 14

struts/posts blocking views

noisy as deck 14 is were pool and other communal type areas located

Any guidance appreciated 

Ste & Jan

The overhang from deck 14 will only impede your direct upwards view, but nothing else.  It will also potentially provide shade or cover from the elements.  The struts are intermittent and extend from the balcony dividers, so they will be to one side or the other on every other balcony and not directly in front of you.  Any resulting obstruction would be minimal.  Any potential noise would come mainly from deck chairs being moved by the crew at night, but I would think that would be minimal and sporadic. 

To avoid all of this you would need to move somewhere on deck 11 or lower, but I don't think any of these concerns are too significant.

There may also be some limited aft view resulting from the extension of the superstructure at the hump commencing four staterooms behind you.  But that too should not be a big issue.  One good benefit is your proximity to the main elevator and stairwell bank.  Very convenient to get from deck to deck.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Appreciate the detailed  response, it was extremely informative 

I have just seen another YouTube clip of a cabin on Deck 13 and if honest think the overhang and struts will annoy me

i have asked if I can be moved to deck 11 around the same number

i have a category 2D room so hoping there will b no cost involved 

again apprecite the response 

Unless you booked through a TA that has separate fees imposed for changing a booking, as long as there has been no increase in the category fare since your original booking date, you will be able to move to a different available stateroom within that same category at no charge.  You just need to contact whomever you originated your booking through and request the change. 

If you go on the RCI website and do a mock booking for your sailing date and stateroom category you will see available staterooms for which you can make a specific request for a change.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On 2/22/2019 at 12:07 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

Unless you booked through a TA that has separate fees imposed for changing a booking, as long as there has been no increase in the category fare since your original booking date, you will be able to move to a different available stateroom within that same category at no charge.  You just need to contact whomever you originated your booking through and request the change. 

If you go on the RCI website and do a mock booking for your sailing date and stateroom category you will see available staterooms for which you can make a specific request for a change.

Hi

Spoke with our TA and we are being moved to Deck 11, around rooms 622

Aprrecite the feedback on this😊

Sta & Jan

On RCI...ALL balconies are covered by the deck above.  Any shade is not going to make your balcony "dark and cave-like"...there is so much reflected light from the ocean and you may well welcome a respite from that intense direct sun.