Best way to book a tour if not using the cruise line?

mialeighs

I'm interested in booking a local company to do some fun snorkeling, and then grab some lunch and hopefully chill on a beach. My 14-year-old son and my man-child husband would probably also appreciate it if the beach has some activities. Advice on how to make this happen or a company that books excursions on the island? We're cruising on RC during mid-March (spring break!), and I read that 6 ships will be in port. Yikes! No need for an AI.

21 hours ago, JohninDC said:

You can check tours-plaza to see if they offer what you want.

Or taxi to the Money Bar for good snorkelling from the shore, and then taxi to Paradise Beach for water toys, beach, pool, etc.

Thanks! I'll check out Tours Plaza.

In my experience there is no need to pay a tour company for snorkeling, food and a nice beach.  As John said, get in a cab and go to Money Bar.  Cabs are regulated and the fares to various places are posted right at the cab line.  Snorkel as long as you like.  Snorkeling is pretty good there.  Eat food there or get a cab to Paradise Beach.  Stay there as long as you like and eat there if you like.  Food is very good.  There will be plenty of cabs there for the return trip.  Return early and do some shopping, or just head back to the ship at the end of your day.  It’s really just that easy.  

Grab a taxi out front of the pier and have them drop you where you want to go. You can also arrange for them to wait for you. As long as you're on the west side of the island taxis are frequent. 14 trips to Coz and we've never had a problem. We've also rented our own car from the Avis at the pier and done our own exploring. Coz is safe and easy to navigate.

I wait until we get to port then we go out to the taxi area .there are plenty of people offering tours and excursions.you get a better price.only I've done it dozens of times.the only time I got screwed was ocho Rios .they are almost all of them con artists.(not all maybe 999/1000).it wound up being the most expensive ride we have taken.i can't even call it a tour.we rode along as they dropped people off to different excursions.then we got left at the Dunn's River falls so they could go pickup another van full of suckers.

Cozumel is the easiest port for going out on your own, not needing a tour company.  The taxi industry is regulated, set prices on charts everywhere.  Taxis are set up everywhere and if you are at a restaurant or beach club and need one, an employee will call or run out in middle of street to flag one down for you.  No kidding.  

Also, at the taxi stands at the cruise piers, you can ask for an island tour if you want.  I wouldn't if all you want is a nice beach club.

Beach clubs range in amenities and prices...some have no cover to enter, you just need to buy food or drinks to use their tables and restrooms, etc.  Others charge a flat fee.  Some have water toys, some don't.  If they do, they charge for them.  

If you really want to do an excursion, look at shoreexcursioneer dot com.  They have tons.