Cape Liberty Park/Stay/Cruise

wrk2cruise

Only time we have sailed from Cape Liberty in the past we flew to EWR.  We now have 2 upcoming trips where we will probably drive from NC.  I have heard parking at the port is $22 per day and we would be driving in the day before and require a hotel stay anyway.  A few years ago I know there were a couple of Hilton properties on Staten Island which were popular with cruisers leaving their cars, I haven't found any fares on their web sites which include cruise parking.  I think it was Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn.

I was recently reading about www.trinityreservations.com which looked interesting.  The hotels I was looking at with them were Ramada Plaza and Springhill Suites since they have fenced and gated parking as I know this area is quite industrial and security is a concern.  Does anyone know if you keep your keys at these properties or if you have to leave them with the hotel.  Would people recommend this company and these properties.  I'm probably more interested in Springhill Suites as it include private car transfer to/from the port since we don't really like shared shuttles.

Any other recommendations?

Trinityreservations quotes tax included (taxes run 15-20%).  Either the Ramada or Springhill Suites would be fine.  They have gated parking and are in a relatively isolated area on the north side of the airport that is more difficult to access by random people.

I have used the Ramada package and would recommend it.  For transport to the pier they used the hotel shuttle bus which held 12-14 people comfortably and was not full - small bus with center aisle and 4 rows of double seats.  Coming back the transport was a van holding about 8 people.

Springhill Suites offers free breakfast, but does not have a restaurant.  It is in a single entrance complex with Courtyard Newark, Fairfield Inn, and Home2Suites. The nearest restaurant is in the Courtyard.  I once did a park/sleep at the Fairfield and was very happy with it.

Staten Island is another option whose popularity faded when they started the Bayonne Bridge construction which involved bridge closures.  You would have to pay a $15 toll to get onto Staten Island, but you would save some turnpike toll by getting off at turnpike exit 10 coming from the south.  There has been no recent feedback on this board about staying on Staten Island.

52 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

If you are driving from NC to cruise out of Bayonne, why would you go further to go to Staten Island?

It’s really not further if you come north on the NJ turnpike, get off at exit 10(Outerbridge Crossing), and stay and park your car at a Staten Island hotel that offers a cruiseport shuttle.

• Like 1

We stayed at the best western in NJ they have a park and cruise deal also take you to and from ship and breakfast nothing around the hotel though so bring food and drinks have a nice night at the hotel and no pressure to the ship around $225 with transfer 2 years ago