Cruise Feb 2020 HELP!!

kkat10

I am thinking of cruising from NJ next February---Will it be to cold and make things miserable? How long will it be cold before it starts to warm up? I am trying to decide if we should just fly to FL instead?? Also will the seas be much rougher leaving from NJ vs FL? Thanks for any help!! I would like to save on airfare seeing we are in CT but not sure if its worth it!

No way to predict.  We've done several cruises out of NYC and Cape Liberty in Jan and Feb.  Seas can be as smooth as a mill pond (or not).  As you're soon in the gulf stream it's warmer an you might think. We've been out and around the pool by the afternoon the day after leaving NYC.    A couple of years ago we around and in the pool until late in the afternoon the day prior to docking in NYC.  On the other hand, it could be in the 50's and blustery the 1st and last day.  The demographics are somewhat different, as well.  The majority of passengers are from within a 100 mile radius of NY/NJ and most just don't like to fly.  If you're from CT, the downside of leaving from NY or NJ in the winter months might outweigh the cost and hassle of flying to Fla.  We would prefer leaving from NY/NJ and the only reason we don't anymore is we are not fond of the choices of ships/lines.