What do you want to have on Cruise Critics Meet & Mingle?

Welcome to CC.

Later in the morning (10AM - before this you'll likely have lower participation) on the first sea day seems to work well.

Different folks value gifts differently, but wine bottles, internet and dining vouchers seem to be popular.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

Later in the morning (10AM - before this you'll likely have lower participation) on the first sea day seems to work well.

Different folks value gifts differently, but wine bottles, internet and dining vouchers seem to be popular.

Definitely later in the morning or even early afternoon on the first sea day. Our recent one on Freedom (B2B) surprised at no champagne (Mimosa) just Rum Punch eeek at 10:00am :classic_sad:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have reminded the LA on Oasis a couple of times.  When they hand out a prize to a participant, she needs to ask them their screen name!  She just asks "What is your name and where are you from?"   Would be nice to put a familiar name to the face on the roll call.  Like we know who "George from Chicago" is.  😮 She had no idea what a screen name is.  :classic_blink:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Definitely later in the morning or even early afternoon on the first sea day. Our recent one on Freedom (B2B) surprised at no champagne (Mimosa) just Rum Punch eeek at 10:00am :classic_sad:

Have not seen Mimosas at an M&M for years now.  Lots of cut backs on everything fleet wide.  No upper tier party on cruises of 3/4 day length now either.  😞 

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have reminded the LA on Oasis a couple of times.  When they hand out a prize to a participant, she needs to ask them their screen name!  She just asks "What is your name and where are you from?"   Would be nice to put a familiar name to the face on the roll call.  Like we know who "George from Chicago" is.  😮 She had no idea what a screen name is.  :classic_blink:

Reason why I have signed up myself, so I can understand what do you guys expect. A part from that it is a great feedback! I am loving it

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Falaimalandro said:

Reason why I have signed up myself, so I can understand what do you guys expect. A part from that it is a great feedback! I am loving it

That's a wonderful gesture from you!  I have been finding that several M&M hosts have never even pulled up roll calls for that cruise, and know very little about CC.  Shame...it's a good way to get the gist of some issues.  🙂  Only takes a few minutes to check the current roll call each day.  Good for you!  🙂 

It's so nice to have the ship go all out and host an M&M.  I am happy with whatever is offered as gifts (though I rarely win 😮 )...but if I were to be so bold...would love to see more specialty restaurant gift certificates, (or discounts), or internet package gift certificates.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

That's a wonderful gesture from you!  I have been finding that several M&M hosts have never even pulled up roll calls for that cruise, and know very little about CC.  Shame...it's a good way to get the gist of some issues.  🙂  Only takes a few minutes to check the current roll call each day.  Good for you!  🙂 

Thank you so much. How can I check this? “Pull up roll call” Heheheh I am so new to this! 

Edited by Falaimalandro

Hi,

my screen name is Summer and we are from Germany ....:-)....

We always take part at the M&M, but I wish too, that it would take place on a sea day. We are the lucky ones, who always win a price, so I am very satisfied, whatever the price is.

I wish, that there were  nametags/ namesticker available, so it is easier to see, to  whom we have talked in the Roll Call.

The last Roll Call we have take part, there was only one drink for each 😞

Sorry for my english, as I mentioned before, we are from Germany.... 🙂  🙂 🙂

5 minutes ago, Summer35 said:

Hi,

my screen name is Summer and we are from Germany ....:-)....

We always take part at the M&M, but I wish too, that it would take place on a sea day. We are the lucky ones, who always win a price, so I am very satisfied, whatever the price is.

I wish, that there were  nametags/ namesticker available, so it is easier to see, to  whom we have talked in the Roll Call.

The last Roll Call we have take part, there was only one drink for each 😞

Sorry for my english, as I mentioned before, we are from Germany.... 🙂  🙂 🙂

Another one of the many cutbacks from RCI.  In the past, we used to get nice invitations and blank name tags we could print our names on and attach to shirt.  Also had printed raffle tickets to deposit in the pot for the drawing.  Now it's just a simple (and cheap) half page invitation, and raffle tickets handed to you when you got there.  Then again with so many that signed up and never showed up...I can see why the ship probably stopped doing that.   

BTW...most of the M&Ms we have been on have been on a sea day.  

Edited by island lady

I’ve never been to one before but I’m guessing things that all attendees get, rather than just a handful of winners of the raffle, would be popular. 

Maybe the opportunity to sign up for an exclusive hour of access to the main attraction on the ship, eg a Flowrider hour one morning, or rows of reserved seats for a show. 

Other than that, I second drink vouchers and discounts on specialty dining 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out for feedback, this is very nice!

My feedback is: I would like to see it mid day on the first sea day say between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM.  Regarding prizes: Since we never win anything I would appreciate more giveaways. If there was at least one free drink coupon for every one attending, that would be nice. PLUS additional "bigger" gifts for winners. I like the idea of wine and champagne bottles, specialty restaurant vouchers, drink tickets, internet vouchers.  

• Like 1

Mimosas,  MSC has multiple choices for cocktails at their M&M and nice h'dourves, group photo,  delivered to your cabin for free. Sometimes music and dancing( line dances to get all to join) Meet the officers and everybody introducing themselves.

Where do you sign up for the M&M? 

Safe sailing 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Have not seen Mimosas at an M&M for years now.  Lots of cut backs on everything fleet wide.  No upper tier party on cruises of 3/4 day length now either.  😞 

Hmmm we've always had Mimosa's on the many we've attended.

I can certainly understand no upper tier party on 3/4 nighter's...several things that aren't available on those short cruise's

While I agree with the above posters who voted for a later in the morning/early afternoon time slot on a sea day, can I also ask that the time slot avoid coinciding with any onboard activity that "requires" a person to attend every session? It's one thing to have to choose between attending the M&M or going to the art auction for example but another when it's a session of progressive trivia where one's attendance each time counts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falaimalandro said:

I would like to know what do you want to see on CC meet & Mingle on Royal Caribbean. Time, date, gifts, what to cover. Please give your feed back

Better notification of when the event is being held.  We missed the last one when we sailed on the Oasis last year.  We never recieved a notification in our cabin and quest services knew Nothing about it when I asked them.  Also try to avoid overlapping with the Top Tier or return guest event which is also usually held the first morning of the first  sea day.  We have missed out on one or the other because of the times over lapping.  I enjoy both, especially meeting the poeple I have chatted with for months on the Roll Call.  Thank you for this opportunity to put in our two cents.    

• Thanks 2

I agree with a later time slot.

A few weeks ago we were on the ovation around New Zealand,because we were east bound each day the clock went forward.

The m&m was on the second sea day at 9:00am,so really it was 7:00am in Sydney.

pore help the people with jet lag.

Out of about 200 only about 20 showed.A crew member noted the lack of attendance and was responded with why so early in the morning???

3 hours ago, island lady said:

When I led M&M's I took charge and had members give their name, screen name and home city/country.  We exchanged gifts from our home cities/states/countries.  Loved winning the Canadian maple syrup.  Yummy.

• Like 2