CHICAGOPAUL - LIVE!!!!!! CRUISE BLOG - The EDGE February 24th!

chicagopaul

2 hours ago, Fighterone said:

Paul, thank you for posting about your upcoming cruise and offering to answer questions. We are also booked in an S3 in a couple of months. What deck are you on if you care to mention it. I am concerned about the Magic Carpet passing by our balcony. It appears that we have an adjoining room and I am a bit concerned about the noise coming from the adjoining door. 

Never had a suite on Celebrity so not sure what Michael’s Lounge has to offer and how it compares to the Top Sail Lounge on MSC another favorite line of ours for their Yacht Club area. With this in mind, I’ve been looking at pictures of The Retreat on Deck 16 forward? Is food served here or is there only a bar, pool and sundeck?

Concerning “Luminae at the Retreat”, is  The Retreat what used to be called Michael’s Lounge? I cannot seem to find anything about Michael’s Lounge on this ship. 

Also curious to know about the menus available at Luminae and the quality of the food here and at the OVC. 

Will you be checking out the 4 MDR dining venues also, Tuscan, Cosmo, Normandie and Cyprus or will you be satisfied with Luminae? I had made reservations for these until I realized that they are part of the MDR. 

What specialty restaurants did you book if any? 

TIA 

Cheers and looking forward to learning a lot from your experience!

Here are a few threads that may answer your questions prior to your cruise (not sure if you have been following the Edge threads):🙂

The first post in this thread will outline the Retreat (and Edge Suite Life) as first rolled out - the end of the thread will give you some of the feedback after the ship was launched (some surprises).

This one discusses the Edge Sky Suites (again the end of the thread will have info from those who have sailed in Edge sky suites):

This thread will give you the Luminae menus for 7 days:

Edge Dining Venues:

This may help with explaining the dining venues

Paul and Edward, have a great cruise!!🙂

• Like 1

Hi Paul and Edward,

Have a great cruise.  Looking forward to your impressions of Edge.

Are you doing 7 days or are you doing B2B?

We are currently on the 2nd leg of 21 days on Reflection.  Arrive in Aruba today.

Stay safe and have a good time.

Bob (and Terry).

Seeing this review brightened my morning! Love your travel blogs Paul. You always include very helpful information. We're in a Sky Suite on Edge at the end of March. I am very much looking forward to reading your insights. Thanks for taking the time to let us all tag along!

Well our flight was uneventful, just how it should be, albeit with a hard landing and some longer than normal wait for luggage. 

Planned to take an Uber from the airport but the signal on cellular and WiFi was terrible. It seemed like everyone was using it. At least we didn’t have to wait long in a cab line, there was no wait. We are currently heading to the hotel where we will check in and then meet our friends Bob and Kathy for a drink. On here we affectionately call them Mr. and Mrs. Dewars. 

Here is my first official drink drink vacation on the plane. 

5EE171FC-1796-44FF-ABE4-506DD5FE3706.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi Paul.  Always enjoy your blogs and have been waiting patiently for this one  to start.  We don't sail on the Edge until November so will be closely following and looking forward to your insight.  Thanks for taking the time to do this.  Bon voyage!

Kym

Hello Paul,

So looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Edge!  Great to be escaping Chicago for a bit.  I don’t think we are able to get away until March.  Until then I will live vicariously through you!  Safe travels and enjoy your cruise.

Have a great trip Paul & Edward!      Always fun to follow along on your adventures.  Especially looking forward to hearing your impressions on Edge.

My husband and I board Edge in 64 days for the Transatlantic.    😊

Joe

Thank god you are finally going on the Edge. As you know I just got off the equinox today, we are at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale and fly out at 8:30 in the morning back to San Francisco. Paul what I would like to know was what do you think of the furnishings throughout the ship in my opinion they all look like they came from IKEA nothing looks high and to me I hope I am wrong about my opinion and I’m looking for your  thoughts.  I have seen from someone else’s post that the barstools at the Sunset bar falling apart and had to be replaced already. Most importantly I want to know about the martini bar, is it big enough is it,  it looks so tiny to me. Please give a big hello to Imade for me. Taz is also there another person you could say high from me.

My regards to Edward, have a great cruise.

Norma

Looking forward to following along.  Really enjoyed your last adventure.

I have a favour to ask.  I have posted about the Kelly Hoppen rocking chair having been removed from the suites and asked if anyone has any information about they might be putting there instead.  If you can find anything out, I would really appreciate it.  We are on the March 24th cruise.

Edited by cruisingxpert