CHICAGOPAUL - LIVE!!!!!! CRUISE BLOG - The EDGE February 24th!

chicagopaul

OK, just wanted to say I’ve seen all the questions and comments above and I’ll definitely address all of them! Norma I hope you had a great cruise and I’ll definitely let you know my thoughts on your concerns.

We arrived at the hotel at roughly 11:15. The room was not ready yet which we expected, especially with Fort Lauderdale pride going on. The bell staff room our luggage, we checked in, and they’d said they would call when the room is ready. We then ordered an Uber and headed up north to see our friends Bob and Kathy who live north on Ocean drive. It was great catching up with them. They cruised the Edge in December so they spent time giving us tips and tricks that they learned in December so we could be better prepared. After a drink at their place they took us to Shooters which we’ve actually never been to before. We had a great table outside. I had an egg white omelette and some bacon. Edward had the crab Louie salad.

Our hotel called us while we were still at Bob and Kathy’s, I’d say around 12:30 saying our room was ready. Not bad.

After lunch we came back here to our hotel. It’s now time for a nap before seeing our other cruise friends Wayne and Sal.

Here are some photos from lunch.

fae737084b7e4f5ee58ac2a207d2b069.jpg

2b885c6d3e73a143cabf8a0bd622b30b.jpg

7e163c6c5f10a99e277888cd3e492dd8.jpg

I’ll review the hotel tomorrow once we’ve had a full days stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Have always enjoyed your reviews and looking forward to following along on the Edge.  Quick ( unrelated to the Edge) question.  I think we have the same credit  card as I remember from previous reviews ( chase sapphire reserve).  If so just wondering why you supplement with additional medical insurance?  The medical benefits, including evacuation, seem quite good, but don’t want to be caught short if we are missing something.  You can email me if you don’t want to divert from this thread ( weinertv@gmail.com). Thanks.

• Thanks 1

I’ve been looking forward to another Paul and Edward cruise...and the commentary and pics that come along with it.   I have to wait until December to sail on Edge and can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it.  No suite for us but we did book a SV.

Hope you enjoyed Shooters.  

Bon Voyage.

Susan

Hi Paul, 

always good to hear from a fellow Chicagoan. Love your reviews. Great insight and writing. Since I will be going on Edge this coming December I will be most interested in your thoughts about the ship. Have a great trip and hoist a Martini for me!

Linda (aka Aeryn) from Chicago

Good Evening Everyone! I’ll keep this short as it’s midnight here and since we were up at 2:30am and only had an hour nap I’m running on fumes.

I’ll cover more details in the morning but we had a truly wonderful day today. We had such a terrific time with Bob and Kathy this afternoon reminiscing about past cruises and discussing future plans. This evening we walked two miles to our friends Wayne and Sal’s. It was a surprisingly nice walk and we had a wonderful time having drinks, dinner, and again reminiscing about past cruises and discussing future plans.

I’m going to get some sleep and try to be up early tomorrow to update you on all the details if today as well as my review of the hotel.

We can’t wait to see our friends Dawn and Lisa tomorrow and start our group birthday celebration on the Edge.

On a side note, I have seen the couple new questions above and I’ll definitely get to them all. Here are a few shots from walking tonight to our friends down Las Olas.

8fe90c4d602a9f78d15a82bfc7981db0.jpg

a398ae1cdc87adfbee89a34958c12cc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Your days has arrived!

Paul I am considering getting internet but debating whether or not I do it now or onboard. I am select and elegible for 25% off so the 10% discount pre cruise is no a good one for me. Per Captain Club rep, there are other options and promotions onboard, would you mind finding out the cost for 2 devices? If pricing is the same I would rather wait and use my TA OBC!

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

Your days has arrived!

Paul I am considering getting internet but debating whether or not I do it now or onboard. I am select and elegible for 25% off so the 10% discount pre cruise is no a good one for me. Per Captain Club rep, there are other options and promotions onboard, would you mind finding out the cost for 2 devices? If pricing is the same I would rather wait and use my TA OBC!

Thanks

It's weird, but when I purchased the unlimited package for one device last week, she said "with 10% off for pre-purchase and 35% off for Elite Plus, it will be $146."  I checked and she took 35% off from the 10% off price  -$249 minus $25 (10%)= $224 minus $78 (35%) = $146.  Maybe mine was a mistake, but might be worth it to try again, unless Paul reports some great onboard deals.🙂

• Thanks 1