Coco Cay Construction Pictures Feb 16 2019

link99

Nice Pix.

We were at Coco Cay last week. We also visited mid-November and they have made quite a bit of progress on both the pier and on the island. In November the viewable pier work only extended out to where it now angles off to the side. The  concrete was only out half that far, but now the concrete and the pier extends out well past the bend.

I would say  basic services would be done in May, Pier restaurant maybe the pool and slides.The over water Cabanas will not be done until Dec 2019. As long as that Pier is done I would be Happy No more tenders.

From what I seen all food prep will be in one location. With plenty of outdoor covered seating. No more hiking halfway across the Island for food depending on the beach your at. I think bar Service will be in theses central areas with smaller bars scattered around the remote locations.

8 hours ago, MikeBTN said:

The pier still has a LONG way to go. Don’t see it being completed in 6 weeks. Maybe 12-14...... 

Given that they already have the bumpers staged and ready to be installed, they're hoisting pre-cast sections of the pier into place, and working on the dolphins at the end of the pier, completion (at least to the extent that would permit docking of a single ship) may not be far off. We're there in three weeks, and I will post pix of any incremental progress from these pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really sorry to say but I just don’t get it! Why would you want a water park, interior pool etc when you are on a beautiful Caribbean island with the Caribbean Sea at your feet?? The pier, the restaurants I get, but the rest?? We are going apparently in July on Harmony, we plan to walk past all the slides and stuff and go straight to the south beach to enjoy the sun, sand and surf. ‘It’s for the kids’ they will say, well when my daughter was a kid she was happy with the sea and a bucket and spade making castles in the sand. I know I’ll get flamed for this but that’s my thought on it. Oh well I guess I’m old fashioned.....or maybe just old.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alevyinroc said:

That's a far cry from what they're showing in the TV commercials. Those spots make it seem like the construction is complete.

So surprising, Royal has never been known to be deceptive.:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Just got back from coco cay on anthem, CD dennis stated both in the M&M and at captains corner that pier WILL be complete next month, Dont know how many months he has been saying that though, Our waiter stated there are already 50 royal staff living on island, I assume mostly manual cleaning and such, over 300 staff slated for future. I did see a lot of white shirts (officers?) running around who were not from our ship, we were the only ship there, pier is designed to allow 2 oasis class ships at a time, That should make for a perfect day! That 4 acre island should accommodate 10,000 guests with no problem whatsoever, NOT!

4 minutes ago, oddly excitered said:

That 4 acre island should accommodate 10,000 guests with no problem whatsoever, NOT!

Magic Kingdom is 107 acres, averages 50K visitors a day, and can feel crowded. 467 people per acre.

Coco Cay - 2500 people per acre.

20% of the people in 4% of the space...it'll feel just like being on the ship!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alevyinroc said:

Magic Kingdom is 107 acres, averages 50K visitors a day, and can feel crowded. 467 people per acre.

Coco Cay - 2500 people per acre.

20% of the people in 4% of the space...it'll feel just like being on the ship!

"Actual acreage may be exaggerated for dramatic effect":classic_biggrin: