Docking in Key West

mjwcruising

There will be 3 ships in port the day we dock in Key West. It looks like we will dock at the "Old Mole," which is located in the the Truman Annex.

If someone has docked here in the past could you tell me what to expect with the shuttle?  

How often does it run. Where do they drop us off? 

We are planning on meeting my sister and her husband who will already be in Key West. DH and I have no idea where we should tell them to meet us or how long to expect it to take us to get to wherever that is.

• 1 month later...

We docked at the Old Mole on our Christmas 2018 cruise on the Brilliance in December.  The shuttle was a trolly train with many cars connected together.  It pretty much ran continuously and there were several of them making the loop.  We had a leisurely breakfast and headed down to the trolly about 8:45 or so, I guess.  There really wasn't a line at that time.  We go on the first train that was sitting there when we approached.  There was at least one other waiting to take it's place.  It was a short 10 minute (or so) trip into town.  The drop-off and pick up location was at the Key West Tours/Conch Tour Train building at the intersection of Front and Duval Streets.  If I recall, the trolly trains were run by the Conch Train tour people.  For the return trip, you just return to that location and tell them you need to go to the Old Mole.  We headed back to the ship by 10:30 or 11:00 I guess and we were the only ones on the return train, I think.  We sat for a few minutes (and we told them we were in no rush) before they started the return trip.  

All-in-all, it was an easy, quick process.

Here is the link to the Key West ship calendar and you can look up where you dock by the date. If you do dock at the OM or Outer Mole, it is the Navy pier and the shuttles run very often. It depends on if you ride a Conch Train or Old Town Trolly, but both end up on Front Street close to Duval Street.

Here is a video showing the the route from the Outer Mole to Mallory Square area.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, PAgirl_1968 said:

Do the same trolleys pick up at "B"?  Any idea how close this is to Duval Street?

Trolley pickup at Pier B is unnecessary - You disembark in a public area.  Duval St is 2 or 3 blocks away, depending how you count - maybe a 5 min walk.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the Mallory Pier looks fixed, are they going to stop using the OM Pier? when there is only one or two ships?

We are on the NCL Sun June 18th and Port Calendar shows OM...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Belle said:

Grumpy Husband in November on Holland Veendam says docking at M. (smaller ship)

Is that close to town? Thank You.

All 3 ports are close to town with Mallory Square (M) being the closest

14 hours ago, Belle said:

Grumpy Husband in November on Holland Veendam says docking at M. (smaller ship)

Is that close to town? Thank You.

Here is a link to a live cam that overlooks Mallory Square, and you can see the M dock right there. Pier B is in the distance and is under maintenance until the 17th of August (2 black cranes and barges) and Outer Mole is the farthest away. The next ship to dock at Mallory will be on the 18th of August, and you will be able to see the set-up for docking there.

• 4 weeks later...

Does the N pier have an official name that will pull up on Google Maps?  I typed in Navy Pier and I typed in Outer Mole, but neither pulled up.

Nevermind  . . . I found this link to be useful -

https://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/egov/apps/services/index.egov?view=detail;id=86

Edited by MississippiMom