Pick one:morning or night cabin service?

mama_2_boys

Pick both. If you happen to be in your cabin when they come to service it, they will come back.

Morning service: to make the bed, put up my son's bed, exchange towels, etc. Evening service: to get all the flyers, check the towels (many times we need more), maybe make the bed again if we've taken a nap, leave ice. 

• Like 2

i reckon if i had to pick one, i'd pick morning.  that way, we'd come into a nice neat cabin for the day and could enjoy the towel animals as decoration for the day.   i have two smalls, so they'd trash it in a minute, but at least i'd feel like we started the day on the right foot. 

Edited by pyropoodle

6 minutes ago, moondog73 said:

Morning because we really have no need for turn down service.  We spend little time in the room.  Nothing more than shower and sleep.  Too many other things to be doing both on and off the ship.

Exactly.  We are early risers, hit the gym and walking laps, shower then activities all day long.  We only go back to the room to grab something, then to change for dinner.  At home I make beds as soon as we get up, so on a cruise I want the same.  

Turn down is a waste of stewards time, to me.  

• Like 2

We just get evening service as the only reason we come back to the cabin during the day usually is to shower and change for dinner and we really don't care if the cabin hasn't been serviced yet for that, then when we are ready to turn in for the night, the cabin is all nice and clean. We usually just ask for a couple extra towels and they have always left them.  

• Like 1

We always request just mornings, including our cruise on Sunshine that ended this morning.  I prefer twice a day service, but I have become friendly with several room stewards from frequently sailing on Carnival and know they are responsible for cleaning significantly more cabins than they did in the past.  If I can help them out with only a minor impact to me, I will do it every time (i.e. request service only once a day). 

• Like 5

If I had to chose, evening.  I automatically make the bed every morning. We shower in the afternoon after a day in the sun or back from an excursion.  I keep things picked up and orderly, so there isn't much for them to do.  I love coming back to the room in the evening and finding our towel animal, clean towels and everything tidy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Border Granny said:

If you choose just morning do they put out next day’s Funtimes, flyers etc then or do they still put them out at night?  I just always assumed the stewards put them in the room while they were doing turndown,

on my last cruise  they  dropped  them off during  turn down although we asked for only  morning service.   If  we happened  to need  towels  or service  in the evening  i'd ask the steward when we were headed out for dinner and they looked after things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Both, because that's what I pay for (as prices continue to increase and service to decrease on Carnival).

Could you please show me where it states you are paying for your cabin to be serviced twice a day?  

I don’t understand people who complain about Carnival, not that your comment is unwarranted, yet they continue to cruise on Carnival.  There are a LOT of other cruise lines out there. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mama_2_boys said:

Which one do you pick and why?

Both. I want clean towels, and fresh ice in bucket, bed made when I return to cabin. Then I like turn down, fresh ice, and replace any used towels in the evening. We always have had twice daily service on other lines, so I’d like to keep it that way, if possible. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mama_2_boys said:

Which one do you pick and why?

We select evening service, it works for us. We enjoy coming back in the evening and having the room set up so nice. We really don't need to have it done in the morning. Everyone is different and they have always asked us if we prefer morning or evening room service, or both.

Edited by MEUB1112
Misprint