Silverwind Formal Night

nycatty35

22 hours ago, les37b said:

No, not logic, that's an opinion.

I fully expect La Dame would be full every night, just as it was when it was a requirement to dress formally. If your logic was applied, it would have been empty, not full.

I disagree respectfully. My original theory was that people book La Terrazza on FO nights because they don't like the formal dress code. You stated that if this were the case then La Dame would be empty every night. That implies that despite a formal dress code its' always fully booked. Yet there is no formal dress code every night at La Dame, it's the same dress code as the rest of the ship. So people go there not to dress up but to eat the food. That's why its' full. not because people like to wear formal clothes.

I my be in minority but I love formal nights.  Its one of the few times a year I am able to trot out my tuxedo and dress up.  On a Silversea ship on a cruise of 10 to 14 days there are usually two formal nights.  I would estimate that perhaps 40% of the men wear tuxes on formal nights.  Nearly all the other men wear dark suits.  I usually make a reservation at La Dame, the fancy restaurant on the first formal night.  I also make a reservation for the second formal night and will cancel if it is not good and worthy of the $60 surcharge. 

The main drawback of wearing a tux is you have to pack it.  And as always, especially these days, getting a suitcase in under the 55 pound limit is difficult.  With a tux you have to go the whole nine yards, cummerbund, bow tie,  studs, patent leather shoes etc.

However, this isn't that much more than packing a dark suit.  So, if you want to dress up, cool, go for it, but most of men are wearing suits.  

• Like 1