Just Returned From Fabulous Trip on Caribbean Princess

AF-1

Was there any discussion or did you happen to get an update on the potential security glitch designed into OM? 

During the first all OM sailing last Nov/Dec on the CB several posters discovered that if a. person’s OM device was lost and fell into the wrong hands, s bad guy could easily walk up to any Ocean Compass screen and impersonate the actual owner of said device. The OC system would then, as designed, not only tell the bad guy the owner’s cabin number but would provide  an illustrated path to his/her cabin. Once there, the bad guy would be able to use the OM device to open the cabin door and help himself to whatever might be in the cabin. 

Princess staff advised they were aware of the issue and were “working on it” but did not offer any specific solutions or a timeline for a fix. 

One suggestion involved inserting a challenge of some sort (password?) into the event sequence to prevent unauthorized use. 

As they have acknowledged the problem, a huge potential liability exists for Princess until such time as this glitch is fixed. 

Just wondering if youd heard anything. 

On 2/24/2019 at 6:32 AM, AF-1 said:

WORLD FRESH MARKET BUFFET: Ate here for a few breakfasts, a few lunches, and a few dinners.  Never had a bad meal.  Met head chef and he showed me around the buffet and we talked about different types of foods and breads served there. (full disclosure, I have a food service background).  Anyway is was interesting to hear about some of the regional foods they prepare.  There was a lot of asian, and mediterranean food on buffet; and there was a fajita bar everyday for lunch.  Food was good

Compared to other non Royal Princess class ships you've been on, could you comment on the variety and appeal of the buffet selections / cooking execution at lunch and dinner (going to assume breakfest would be similar). 

Edited by cheezenip
  • Like 1

Sure cheezenip,  here you go,

Breakfast: you can get omelettes made, they have pancakes, waffles, lots of fresh fruit, juices, danish, croissants, fresh biscuits and gravy, oriental noodles, baked beans.  Plus smoothies, yogurt, bacon, sausage.  This is everyday

Lunch: fajita bar, with all the trimmings, Sandwich bar, where you can make you own sandwich and choose ass't breads and rolls, or they have ready made sandwiches.  Fresh salad bar with lots of selections and dressings, fresh fruit, one or two mediteranean and asian dishes;  these are hot dishes.  Burgers or pork sandwiches,  french fries, crudites, and lots of ass't desserts; everything from pies, cakes, sugarfree, jello, cookies

Dinner: Normally they have salad bar with all the trimmings; two or three carving stations; life beef tenderloin, port tenderloin, or a whole fresh fish from the caribbean.  Three or four hot vegetable choices; always had mashed potatoes and brown gravy, ass't basket tray, ass't cheese tray, with crackers or garlic sticks.  Ass't desserts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tawlaw1526 said:

You’re welcome. Itwas a great suite. We are looking to book a window suite on Sky Princess next fall ro New England. I just did a post about that. Have you ever stayed in a window suite?

1 minute ago, AF-1 said:

You’re welcome. Itwas a great suite. We are looking to book a window suite on Sky Princess next fall ro New England. I just did a post about that. Have you ever stayed in a window suite?

No, we have never been in a window suite but do talk about trying it one day.   We have done the New England cruise on the Regal a few years ago and it was fabulous.   You will enjoy it!   

3 minutes ago, tawlaw1526 said:

No, we have never been in a window suite but do talk about trying it one day.   We have done the New England cruise on the Regal a few years ago and it was fabulous.   You will enjoy it!   

Thanks. What month did you go and how was the temperature 

18 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Thanks. What month did you go and how was the temperature 

We did a 7 day on Regal - round trip out of New York.   We boarded on Oct 15, 2016 and had fantastic weather the entire week.   Low 70’s and blue skies.  The only issue we had was we missed one port  because there was too much fog in the morning and we couldn’t safely dock.   We missed Saint John - Bay of Fundy.  It didn’t bother us, safety first and we knew this was a cruise we would want to do again someday.   

10 hours ago, tawlaw1526 said:

We did a 7 day on Regal - round trip out of New York.   We boarded on Oct 15, 2016 and had fantastic weather the entire week.   Low 70’s and blue skies.  The only issue we had was we missed one port  because there was too much fog in the morning and we couldn’t safely dock.   We missed Saint John - Bay of Fundy.  It didn’t bother us, safety first and we knew this was a cruise we would want to do again someday.   

Thanks for the feedback

First, a million thanks for your thoughtful review. So many of the Caribbean Princess reviews lately have been so negative and I was getting concerned about our Canada/NE cruise in August. It appears to me that the cruise will be what we make it and we know how to do that.

Do you happen to know if the Vines was offering wine flights, or wine and chocolate tastings, or doing the Stammitsch Table? Vines is one of the venues that I always miss when a ship does not offer it.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, cruiserdru said:

First, a million thanks for your thoughtful review. So many of the Caribbean Princess reviews lately have been so negative and I was getting concerned about our Canada/NE cruise in August. It appears to me that the cruise will be what we make it and we know how to do that.

Do you happen to know if the Vines was offering wine flights, or wine and chocolate tastings, or doing the Stammitsch Table? Vines is one of the venues that I always miss when a ship does not offer it.

Thanks

I do not have an answer to your question;  but I can tell you that Vines was busy all the time; so maybe they were offering what you mentioned.  Everytime  I walked by Vines it had people standing; because all the seats were filled.  That tells me they were doing something right

Edited by AF-1

2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

How was your experience at the Salty Dog Grill?  Wait times? Variety of food? Temperature?  Made to order fries sound excellent.

Where did you sit to eat your food?

Thanks.

Hello,  I ate here twice;  it is out by the pool.  Slice Pizza is on one side and Salty dog is on the other.  There are plenty of tables and chairs for eating.  I had burger and fries both times;  they also do hotdogs.  I never waited to eat or get food;  food was cooked to order.  I did see a line one day so I just went over to slice pizza; where there was no line