Symphony of the Seas Star Class experiece

Hank Jr.

I decided to take my two sisters cruising with my wife and myself (to try and make amends of being the Little brother for 63 years...), and ended up booking a 2 bedroom Aquatheater Suite (on the Symphony in April) rather than adjoining suites due to a price I couldn't pass by. I didn't realize Star Class existed until I started reading about the suite I had booked.

My wife and I have been cruising regularly for about ten years so we are somewhat familiar with what I've been reading here. 

My question is basically for previous Star Class guests; what experiences have you had that made your cruise an unforgettable experience. I've already decided that my first error was telling them about Star Class, it would have been an awesome surprise!

Anyway all suggestions or experiences are welcome and thank you in advance!

Oh, one other thing. I saw a comment relating to a post that had an Excel spreadsheet in it, with the spreadsheet listing over  hundred fulfilled Royal Genie requests. That would be a great resource to ponder if someone can point me to it!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I can not help with the spread sheet but I can tell you about my experience staying Star Class with my family.  We were on the Oasis in November.  This trip was celebrating my mom's 82nd birthday, my dad's 83rd birthday and their 63rd wedding anniversary.  We were in the Royal Suite, I did not tell my parents anything, they thought we were in a balcony room.  A couple months before the cruise my dads younger sister joined us, she too knew nothing,.  We were just gonna be 4 people in a room and we would make it work,

Once the Genie contacted me I told him first and foremost no one knew what was going on.  What we were celebrating, what I wanted in the room, etc etc.  He came thru with flying colors.  One memory the first day upon entering the suite my mom started to cry.  The Genie put his arm around her and told her not to cry your daughter did all of this for you and your husband and its my job to make sure this is a memory of a life time.  Let me tell you it was.  There was nothing we asked for that was turned down if anything it was enhanced.

It was so worth the $$$ and yes I will do it again, ummm when I can afford it.

MadamG2U

• Like 4

Thanks for the feedback. Although I won't be able to surprise my sisters they are super excited! And I did finally find the spreadsheet on the Royal Caribbean blog! 

Hope my stay is as enjoyable as yours! 

• 2 months later...

Hank, so now that you've experienced Star Class, can you tell me about it? We're in Star Class for the first time on Symphony in October 2020, and I just can't read enough about it. I'd be grateful for as much detail as you're willing to share. Of course, I want to know everything, but my specific questions are:

1) How was embarkation? Did you keep luggage with you getting on (and off) the ship? Approximately, what time did you arrive at the port? Once you got to the suite lounge in the terminal, how long were you there? 

2) How was the VOOM internet? Our family (eight of us) plans to use WhatsApp on our phones to keep up with each other, and the success of that depends on how reliable the internet connection is.

3) I've read that the Freestyle Coke machines are often out of many popular choices. Did you find that to be true? 

4) How do you bypass lines for activities (ziplining, for example)? Is there a dedicated line for all suites or for star class? Are we meant to show our seapass to the crew?

5) What was the best part of your cruise? 

6) Will you please share the link to the spreadsheet you mentioned?

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

Paige

So this may be long. If I have to go I'll post and pick it back up when I can...

Star Class will spoil you from the time you get to the terminal until you leave. I'll try and work my way hough the questions and boot get too far off topic but...

1. We  embarked in Miami so this will be specific to there. Pulled in to luggage drop off lane, instructions said look for purple Star Class flag. All he guys kept trying to make us pull over. Ignore them and just keep showing them your Set Sail pass and say Where's Star Class. As we getting close to end of the que there finally was a traffic guy who knew what I meant and he said Go pass all this to the end and you'll see Purple flag...  We did and we did. Pulled over and walked up to desk with Set Sail pass. Lady asked d name, I gave it, and they emptied luggage out, pointed out entry door, said go park and we'll be in there. Parked, walked back, everyone was inside waiting on me. Lady with iPad came up, said you must be Mr. Williams, scanned pass, repeated for wife and sisters. They had x-ray machine right there! By the time that was done our Genie showed up, Sunil D'Souza, and all of us and our luggage were taken straight to our cabin! The only time we weren't moving was while they waited for me to park and 30 sec apiece with the iPad lady...

At the end of the cruise Sunil said keep you luggage, walked us off ship, turned us over to a lady who walked us through to Customs where you look at a camera and a green light came on and you kept going, porters took our luggage to car and we got in and drove off without ever slowing down...

2. Internet connection was flawless. Can get a little overloaded in some places like theater but not bad. Used In Whatsapp with my sisters.

3. No idea. Never tried... Genie will keep your rooms fridge full of water, your choice of beverages, juices, and beer though.

4. Royal Genie... Ziplining never had a line. He made all our reservations for dining and shows. Would show up at dinner and verify our evening plans. Seats were always front row except one, Flight he backed us up a couple rows for a better view. Genies have a magic keyfob that overrides buttons and takes elevators straight to the floor he wants. Very cool. If you need anything reach out to him, it happens. Realize even on the Symphony there are only 11 Star Class suites.... They know who you are. Pull that card out, and I felt like Richard Gere in Pretty Woman buying clothes, if that makes sense...

5. The total experience. We've always had suites, from Junior suite to Owners. This took it to a different level that you have to experience to believe...

6. As soon as I find it again.

WARNING - Star Class seems to be extremely addictive... In May we're going Star Class on the Ovation, Grand Loft suite, 12 nights from Hawaii to Victoria, Canada. A whole week at sea!!!

More questions?

• 4 months later...
On 3/26/2019 at 11:35 AM, Hank Jr. said:

Thanks for the feedback. Although I won't be able to surprise my sisters they are super excited! And I did finally find the spreadsheet on the Royal Caribbean blog! 

Hope my stay is as enjoyable as yours! 

Hank Jr. can you post that spreadsheet?  It is no longer available on the blog

So that's what I found. The actual experience was awesome, so much so that we have a Star Class cruise on Ovation coming up in May 2020!  12 Night Hawaii cruise. This will be our first cruise on a Quantum class ship; will be interesting to contrast it to the Oasis class...

Any and all opinions on that subject welcome...

Counting the days...

Star Class wish list_06Oct2018.xlsx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:16 PM, earthur said:

Thanks for the info...can you further explain your comment of they know you...are you talking about servers, etc?  Officers? 

Sure. All the dinners he had made reservations for us, it must have been flagged as Star Class guests because as soon as we were seated the Manager always came out and introduced himself, said whatever we wanted or needed just let our server know, if there was an issue ask to see him. I figured there was a list marked up. The only time I ever pulled my card on purpose was when the pool bartender sent us to Bolero's bar for the best Mojito. They were somewhat crowded so I pulled my card out and just laid it on the bar in front of me. The young bartender saw it, looked away, looked back, looked at me and had this look on her face. She went over and whispered to the older woman bartending, who immediately came over and said yes sir, how may I help you. I told her I was told to find her to get the best mojito made. She smiled, and strted making us mojitos when she saw us coming for the rest of the trip.

So, if your Genie made your reservations, they know who you are. Otherwise, discreetly show your card, I think they've been coached!